American Gamefowl

gary busey GIF
Don’t like my new chicken?

What feed is that?
The bags on the left are southern states rooster booster (flock balancer) 5 grain scratch. The bags on the right are true choice layer pellets. Cargill bought out southern states and they changed the pellets and raised the price. There’s hardly if any molasses in the pellets anymore and my birds quit eating it so I switched to cheaper pellets.

The bags on the left are southern states rooster booster (flock balancer) 5 grain scratch. The bags on the right are true choice layer pellets. Cargill bought out southern states and they changed the pellets and raised the price. There’s hardly if any molasses in the pellets anymore and my birds quit eating it so I switched to cheaper pellets.
You mix the two of them 50/50?

They changed it here too, mine is branded Nutrena Country Feeds Flock Balancer - the pellet formula looks very similar, but they don't smell quite the same. Birds eat them ok, but not like when they were "SS". Prices have definitely gone up again, so I may mix or switch, we'll see.

They changed it here too, mine is branded Nutrena Country Feeds Flock Balancer - the pellet formula looks very similar, but they don't smell quite the same. Birds eat them ok, but not like when they were "SS". Prices have definitely gone up again, so I may mix or switch, we'll see.
Maybe I’m thinking nutrena. There’s no way I’m paying more for lesser quality fees that they won’t even eat like the other stuff.

Maybe I’m thinking nutrena. There’s no way I’m paying more for lesser quality fees that they won’t even eat like the other stuff.
I think Cargill is the parent company to a lot of "brands".
I don't like the idea of switching to a lower protein and more calcium but that may be just what happens. Then just get flock balancer when I have chicks.

Back
Top Bottom