American Gamefowl

So the wife got me a baitcaster for my birthday yeah not a fan mostly because I can’t ever remember using one and I’m garbage. I will say I got sorta the hang of it and instead of a birds nest every 15seconds I got that up to 15mins lol.

I did however read a neat article that people use flies on spinning setups it was a pretty neat little article.

Yeah I can agree I have a couple here that I may end up culling later on just due to being way to high strung and just wild but there still way to young to tell I learn something new on a daily basis with them when the learning stops I’ll just quit I don’t think you can ever quit learning and that’s with anything. Looks can be very deceiving and I don’t think a person should judge them solely off of that havocs pumpkins are some extremely nice fowl and so far the one I got from him has showed it in his offspring at this point in time but I think a lot of it has to do with selection breed junk to junk you get junk I was just lucky enough that the hen I had turned out to be a good one and produced for me hopefully next year I can really see how I felt about that cross but so far it seems decent. Anyways hope everybody has a great day.

I’ll also go out on a limb here and say you can take the best of the best and they be junk or not for you but suit the next guy. Ain’t nothing a sure fire thing it don’t matter if the fowl were $5, $500, $1500 or a gift. Not all birds are created equal even with the same genes one brothers outstanding, one catches your eye in the way they carry themselves and act and ones just average but if it comes down to which one’s natured better I’m going that route for the breeding pen period. An ace bird doesn’t always produce your best offspring it’s all trail and error and yeah that was my point ya learn something new everyday but don’t let looks alone fool ya we all like a good looking bird though lol.

I’ll also go out on a limb here and say you can take the best of the best and they be junk or not for you but suit the next guy. Ain’t nothing a sure fire thing it don’t matter if the fowl were $5, $500, $1500 or a gift. Not all birds are created equal even with the same genes one brothers outstanding, one catches your eye in the way they carry themselves and act and ones just average but if it comes down to which one’s natured better I’m going that route for the breeding pen period. An ace bird doesn’t always produce your best offspring it’s all trail and error and yeah that was my point ya learn something new everyday but don’t let looks alone fool ya we all like a good looking bird though lol.
Your absolutely right but atleast I have a good baseline to go off of and to start with.

CDC2CC56-538A-4FC2-AE60-9F19FC998C5B.jpeg
493157BF-5193-4142-90C8-DE1B4BEC4923.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom