American Gamefowl

Yea the recessive genes can be eliminated but the work is the fun part really work the genetics to create the perfect bird in my eyes at lesst
There’s other threads to get more information about genetics and all. Most of us could care less what color a birds legs, eyes or feathers are.

I guess I’m just picky I see low wings or a broken tail and idk I just go crazy
You got a ways to go before getting too picky. Why don’t you try to find some birds that are what you’re after instead of trying to make them? If you’re just after pretty chickens there’s tons of breeds to choose from.

Havoc had one of the best looking Mel blacks I’ve personally ever seen. He can tell you all about him. Some of his bloods in what I got from him, but I haven’t gotten a bird that looks exactly like him... close sure but not exactly but still fine black blood. Now that bird was and still is one of the best looking birds period he was stunning.

You got a ways to go before getting too picky. Why don’t you try to find some birds that are what you’re after instead of trying to make them? If you’re just after pretty chickens there’s tons of breeds to choose from.
Yea but like I said breeds don’t exist here I know in the states and in Latin America there are but not here if you pick a bird that looks like a radio or a kelso well you are going to get birds that don’t look like the father since they have so many different crosses we refer here as families and the fighting capabilities that’s it like Barry Quiñónez or Alberto Betancourt to mention some

Havoc had one of the best looking Mel blacks I’ve personally ever seen. He can tell you all about him. Some of his bloods in what I got from him, but I haven’t gotten a bird that looks exactly like him... close sure but not exactly but still fine black blood. Now that bird was and still is one of the best looking birds period he was stunning.
I really do enjoy Mel blacks myself but I could never get one here nobody has the dedication breeder have in the states or in Mexico those cocks are like kings here the cocks sometimes are just pitiful to see all dirty and unloved

As an example to what I said here are to birds from a well known cocker named Danny Juan in my opinion he has great birds some birds with real heart to be honest beautiful as well the way he cares for them and the genetics behind them wow but even if you were to mix them to try and get the same result you might never since they have so many crosses and or inbreedings
63A106E2-7C90-4BF6-9DB5-90DE9D4E6811.jpeg
54512E46-BDF3-476C-90B5-6E793C1A2BEB.jpeg

All 1/2 Gustavo Sanchez Cuban/ 1/2 Havoc black cross.
A6CD544C-B0A6-468A-8F35-28DF3D7829B7.jpeg
8E00A791-5231-49D7-9E74-A3FDFED71374.jpeg
31670AC4-B218-4954-B25B-A29E8A0CFC3E.jpeg

Only the pullets look similar in color regardless on males still to early to judge as they are a recent cross. My point here is they are different in looks and that has been the last thing on my mind.

Back
Top Bottom