American Gamefowl

Currently 61F and a little rain. "Supposed to" turn cold and snow overnight. Winter weather advisories have been going out all day. HOPE we don't get the wind they say we might. Regardless, spent some time adding, securing and/or changing out tarps/wind protection just in case.
It looks like it won't be anything major, if anything slippery and makes more mud so I can fall and break my butt😂
I'm looking forward to at some point have to crawl 100 yards to barn. Most serious fun that is. Tall grass makes so that not needed, but short grass, dirt and especially gravel do. I'm too old for that form of torture.

07A2683A-D3AC-4B63-9B4A-3C296137B49C.jpeg
9BE5B493-AB0F-40FE-943D-BAE27BEA104F.jpeg

Anyone made a pen like this before? Roof was the cage base and top poles used to be the part that held the plastic bin in the cage. A little wobbly but haven't tightened down bolts cause I need to disassemble it to take it home. Planning on wrapping in wire and covering the bottom couple feet with wood. Gonna make a door with one of the attached pieces of sheet metal on the side. Also possibly welding something somewhere for extra support on the top half...any advice would be appreciated.
Glad I just had this thing half-way done and didn't have anything in it. Been out of power since Monday. Ice and heavy snow really did a number on everything. Even had an extra "support pole" bolted on but it was no match...gonna do what I did with the other cage I got. That one did a lot better obviously. Doesn't look like we will have power for a few more days because of the grid we are on. Went and got a hotel room because tomorrow night temps are gonna be in the teens and kids were getting restless. Smuggled in our bearded dragon, a hamster, and a toppy chick lol...thought the lizard was dead but he's currently trying to get out of his cardboard box so that's good. Got a hotel with a stove and fridge so food wouldn't spoil. Made some really good jambalaya and a roast for dinner and gonna make a huge meat based breakfast tomorrow morning :D. Been watering my yard with melted snow drippings off my steel buildings and soaking corn and a bit of oats in the am for everything as well. Hope everyone else affected is doing well.

Attachments

• 20220106_120633.jpg
    20220106_120633.jpg
    685.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220106_120724.jpg
    20220106_120724.jpg
    988.9 KB · Views: 5
Glad I just had this thing half-way done and didn't have anything in it. Been out of power since Monday. Ice and heavy snow really did a number on everything. Even had an extra "support pole" bolted on but it was no match...gonna do what I did with the other cage I got. That one did a lot better obviously. Doesn't look like we will have power for a few more days because of the grid we are on. Went and got a hotel room because tomorrow night temps are gonna be in the teens and kids were getting restless. Smuggled in our bearded dragon, a hamster, and a toppy chick lol...thought the lizard was dead but he's currently trying to get out of his cardboard box so that's good. Got a hotel with a stove and fridge so food wouldn't spoil. Made some really good jambalaya and a roast for dinner and gonna make a huge meat based breakfast tomorrow morning :D. Been watering my yard with melted snow drippings off my steel buildings and soaking corn and a bit of oats in the am for everything as well. Hope everyone else affected is doing well.
Glad you were able to get a room so your family can be more comfortable. Stinks to lose power.
Hope it comes back on soon.

Back
Top Bottom