American Gamefowl

They aren't what? How are they a strain of Clarets if they come from an Earl of Derby Cock over a Spanish Hen then some Baltimore Topknots??

Don't know that's why I asked.Been to the Claymore but I never seen them before.Darn thought I see about every strain .Post some pics.I knew a man had a strain of white fowl had top nocks .My first impression they can't be so game .Wrong again they weren't so impressive of what they did . However they could take a ton of steel and just plain out lived their opponent.cheers

Im sorry I misunderstood you. They are an older strain supposedly set around 1840. John Stone had his hands in the creation of them too.

Many decade's ago I known a man traveled to the UK obtained some white legged red fowl .That were called lord derby reds.Well when I obtained some of the blood .I just put them in the brood records as North Britton Whitehackles. They weren't real flashy kinda single stroke but we're super hard hitters and could point a heel.And GAME as the day long and hit hard enough to knock holes in 5 gal buckets with natural spurs.cheers

Many decade's ago I known a man traveled to the UK obtained some white legged red fowl .That were called lord derby reds.Well when I obtained some of the blood .I just put them in the brood records as North Britton Whitehackles. They weren't real flashy kinda single stroke but we're super hard hitters and could point a heel.And GAME as the day long and hit hard enough to knock holes in 5 gal buckets with natural spurs.cheers
Good story, I felt like I was there.
- Jerry

Moved some stuff around yesterday and took a few more pictures. Black Thai hen (she has a bit of American) and bigger toppy are the parents of chick in last set of pictures. Rotated the smaller Claiborne over the new Blueface hen to see what they come out looking like. Also took a picture of the yellow legged Claiborne hen I recently got. It's hatch day for 4 eggs in the incubator today lol. None have pipped yet but hoping to go home to something this afternoon.

Attachments

• 20220513_084235.jpg
    20220513_084235.jpg
    546 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220512_174644.jpg
    20220512_174644.jpg
    585 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220513_083235.jpg
    20220513_083235.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • 20220513_082955.jpg
    20220513_082955.jpg
    952.1 KB · Views: 4
The strain and way things have gotten over the past few years.Lobbiest payed to pass bills to law .Funded by Hippocrates primary enjoying a free ride from donations they obtain basically by false pretenses.I not going into that much more gives me a headache.However the chances of obtaining good fowl by buying.I would say the chances have increased way more now than ever.I do hope many see that gamefowl need to be preserved.Our founding Forfather's would roll over in their graves if they known what's happened concerning gamefowl laws in The past decade or so.cheers

Back
Top Bottom