American Gamefowl

6C85E907-345E-43AD-8190-EF8D7EE9BBA8.jpeg

1653188587540.png

we got our first hatcher. unfortunately they werent supposed to hatch until monday. So im unsure if this will have any effect on it or not. Im geussing temps were a little high. mostly between 100-101 but a couple times i checked it was 102. this time of year with the house temp flutuating and it being a cheap incubater with just a hand knob adjustment these things happen i suppose.

View attachment 3118114

we got our first hatcher. unfortunately they werent supposed to hatch until monday. So im unsure if this will have any effect on it or not. Im geussing temps were a little high. mostly between 100-101 but a couple times i checked it was 102. this time of year with the house temp flutuating and it being a cheap incubater with just a hand knob adjustment these things happen i suppose.
More will come hopefully. I never could do any good with those kind of incubators. Never could keep them right maybe I just don’t have a touch. But I’m a sure believer in the nurture right 360 especially after hatching 100% 4 times this year.

More will come hopefully. I never could do any good with those kind of incubators. Never could keep them right maybe I just don’t have a touch. But I’m a sure believer in the nurture right 360 especially after hatching 100% 4 times this year.
Yea there are quite a few that have "piped" i think is the word lol. I have been pretty successful in the past with this incubator but dont recall them hatching early. hopefully it dont effect them too much.

But after seeing your success with the nature right this will be the last time using this old still air. the worst part by far is the turning the eggs by hand 3x a day

I'm expecting about 15 out of 20 of these to hatch. will post a update in a day or two

Yea there are quite a few that have "piped" i think is the word lol. I have been pretty successful in the past with this incubator but dont recall them hatching early. hopefully it dont effect them too much.

But after seeing your success with the nature right this will be the last time using this old still air. the worst part by far is the turning the eggs by hand 3x a day

I'm expecting about 15 out of 20 of these to hatch. will post a update in a day or two
I have one of those and use it for lock down. I don't get 15 of 20 to hatch though. Good job.

I finally settled on hanging an old mercury fever thermometer from a string through the vent hole. It's the kind of thermometer that you have to shake the mercury back down after every use. Then adjust the knob a pinch once or twice a day depending on what the thermometer says.

It’s a little costly but it does work great. My problem with the old still air incubators was I’d always lose them due to humidity I couldn’t ever get it adjusted right. Maybe it was just my touch lol. I’ll say if I can get 100% out of the 360 anybody can. It did really well for me this year. It’s about as simple as it gets. I like not having to open it to add water and it has a good turner. Just my experience with it. But I have no complaints.

I have one of those and use it for lock down. I don't get 15 of 20 to hatch though. Good job.

I finally settled on hanging an old mercury fever thermometer from a string through the vent hole. It's the kind of thermometer that you have to shake the mercury back down after every use. Then adjust the knob a pinch once or twice a day depending on what the thermometer says.
Thats a good idea, being large and flat they definitely would make it great for lock down.
I haven't got 15 yet that just what I'm predicting with previous hatches. but i haven't used this thing in about 8 years or so. up to 7 this morning

1653326168065.png

Welp, we ended up with 10 after its all said and done. 13 hatched 3 died shortly after. they had a lot of blood coming from thier buts. i assume from hatching to early idk. Several others began to break out and then stopped.

Looks like we mostly got pumpkins, 1 sid and maybe 2 kelsos.

Back
Top Bottom