American Lavender Geese

We breed Buffs, Lavenders and Blue Americans in Canada. Buff is a recessive colour. The Blue variety is heterozygous and Lavender is homozygous. There are 3 shades of blue. You can have buff and lavender, but you should be expecting to see buff colouring to your lavender. Same goes for a Blue american who is homozygous for buff.

Maybe I will post some photos in spring.
I hope so I got a peek at them when you posted a pic of your Runners they were lovely.

2 lavenders

Last edited:
Question on the offspring @AquaEyes and @pete55 . I see you saying when breeding Lavender gander to Buff goose all offspring will be blue and the male offspring will be blue split to buff, is this Lavender/Self-Blue you are meaning or do you mean truly blue? I have a Lavender Ice gander from HWF and a Buff goose. I just would love to know what to expect in colors. Thank you!

@AquaEyes and @pete55 , can one of you help me with this question? My girl is now laying an egg every other day. I would love to know what to expect of these once hatched. :)

I just got mine from holder read waterfowl farm. I ordered a pair of American lavender and 2 fancy goslings... Only I can't tell which are the pair of lavender.... Can anyone help? Also,. What the other two might be? Any help is greatly appreciated. I can't wait !!

Last edited:
Question on the offspring @AquaEyes and @pete55 . I see you saying when breeding Lavender gander to Buff goose all offspring will be blue and the male offspring will be blue split to buff, is this Lavender/Self-Blue you are meaning or do you mean truly blue? I have a Lavender Ice gander from HWF and a Buff goose. I just would love to know what to expect in colors. Thank you!

Well, I patiently waited for a response, but I got my answer by just going through the process. The result being some of the most amazing Blue goslings I could have imagined. These babies here are 2.5 months old in this photo. :)

Last edited:
Now the ultimate question...If I retain a Blue goose from my babies that are resulting from a Buff goose under a Lavender gander, back under the Lavender gander, what will the resulting color be in the offspring of that color mix?

@AquaEyes @pete55 @Olive Hill

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

Parents: Buff goose, Lavender gander

Some of the babies from this years hatch.

Back
Top Bottom