American Leopard Hound x French Mastiff

We have a boar hog roaming around here that has killed 3 Pitties, with vests. He may come in handy when he grows.
wink.png

How do you train dogs for hog hunting? I have Pitties, but they only catch fried bacon
lol.png
I am interested though in hog hunting, just don't know any locals that do it. I know we have more than enough hogs
hmm.png

ETA: Beautiful pup BTW. My young girl is Brindle and Pit/Lab mix. she's going to be a big dog and I have started her on some basic obedience. just haven't a clue about training hunting dogs.

Last edited:
Beautiful cheerful looking pup! Just lovely!

Please make sure you get him a full vet and thick neck guard if you are going to hunt him or use him for catching. Brother of one of my dogs was killed pig hunting and the man was really sad he used him to hunt.

Quote:
The more I think about it I may just keep him as a pet. My brother wants to get into hog hunting so I may just use Bruno here to cross with some of his hounds and hunt with them.

I plan to hog hunt with his offspring. For catch dogs I will cross Bruno with a pitt bull. For bay dogs I will cross him with a Catahoula Leopard Hound.

watched a program on hog hunting last week, pretty awesome watching the dogs work, dangerous too, my pastor when i was young was from arkasas and used pits and rotties to hunt the pigs

Back
Top Bottom