Americana - hen or roo?

What is Jellybean?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh hold on just a second!

All cockerels are snotty at times, especially when they are learning who they are. Culling is fine, but it would be at least reasonable to wait until he could be of some nutritional value.

I am a realist and realize that breeders everywhere cull cockerels just because of what they are, but it is a bit different when they are a day old v. 7 weeks.

Any chance you are in Oregon or Washington?! Very slim I'm sure, but I'll take him. We've got some good roosters here who put awnry cockerels in their place. 😉
In another thread the OP said he picked the head bloody of another bird. A snotty or rude or even a little aggressive cockerel I wouldn’t cull but based off of that I wouldn’t keep him around.

Oh hold on just a second!

All cockerels are snotty at times, especially when they are learning who they are. Culling is fine, but it would be at least reasonable to wait until he could be of some nutritional value.
Cull doesn't necessarily mean to kill, just remove.
Any chance you are in Oregon or Washington?! Very slim I'm sure, but I'll take him. We've got some good roosters here who put awnry cockerels in their place. 😉
OP location says they are in Saint Paul, MN.

Back
Top Bottom