Votes: 8 53.3%
  • sprint

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Rec

• Other

• Total voters
Me personally... I like the RoughWear FrontRange. It looks more comfortable for stuff like bikejoring or canicros or something like that.
I like that collar too. That ComfortFlex Limited-slip.
It's beyond my financial situation to get that kind for 24 K9's but ya they are both nice products.
I paid like $4.99Cdn for the ones I have but also paid shipping. So for 16 collars I paid like $80.00 then another $12.00 for shipping. That was from Toronto to Winnipeg. I don't know she's you live of how "exchange rate" or shipping works for you though.
I still think you could have a look at PawsEtrax.
Maybe save yourself some $$.

Whoops.... that's Paws-e-Trax Dogsleds and Racing Kennel

Yeah, I like it in theory but it's a bit tight on him sadly and I don't think the straps go looser. I might sell it but hard to find a dog that big to fit in it lol but I do think if I get another smaller dog I might get one. Although they are really expensive.

And yeah, $18 is a bit high for a collar but I was Googling the sled dog slip ones and couldn't find any (seems to be all martingales, they think they are the same apparently) and I found that one and since I have the matching harness already and it was reflective, I bought it. I am still going to look for the sled dog ones though

And I just looked at their site and wow they have some really nice stuff and it is very reasonable too! Thanks for that link!

Gator wearing his new collar and of course his matching harness. We light up the night now too lol

20171122_175459.jpg 20171122_175525.jpg 20171122_175610.jpg 20171122_175830.jpg 20171122_180436.jpg 20171122_180500.jpg 20171122_182012.jpg 20171122_182019.jpg

Bummer eh.
Ya, apartment dogs they are not. Me personally, I think that's anybody that tries to "apartmentize" a dog like Jax or my dogs or even a BoderCollie are mean. Or at least selfish. I can say that because I was guilty of doing the same once.
My Nana said,"See that Leghorn hen there. Not as friendly as the (Partridge)Rocks. And they seldom get broody where the Rocks are good cluckers(setters/broodies). Just the way they are. They come out of the egg like that." Then there was this smile.....

So, Oreo. You want her? I can get someone to take her someplace to meet you if you want her. She ain't real good at lead or point(she wants to run back to her house) but dang, on team, swing or wheel, she pulls her tug guitar string tight. If you want I can put Burner, Rex, Max into her for size, color and lengthen the coat a bit. O Ya, stand up ears too. .....o-o-o-or....Bulldozer to emphasize the "pull", add color, ears and coat but sacrifice size.
No charge, but I want lotsa pix.
Just thinkin.
But still, offer stands.
I do really want her and I greatly appreciate the offer, but I’m not in a place where I can take anymore dogs. With my limited housing situation I don’t think it would be fair to them. Thank you so much though!

I got some houses built. I’m up to my ankles in mud this year. The ground freezes then it snows. Then everything melts and thaws until the process repeats itself. The igloo houses are FINALLY gone after way too long. I really hate those things.

Idk if that organized them right cause there's so many and I think you have to click to see full size/better ones but yeah

Geez yes, them are actually really nice eh. The harness looks like it be good for bikejoring or skijoring.
Lighting up the night. That was cute. But for sure it's good tone seen. Especially if y'all are in an urban or urban"ish" area.
I just noticed your dogs hind legs. That's probably why he doesnt like running much. His legs almost look like they were damaged one time.
They actually look like a Chow-chow's rear legs.
But he's a biiiiiiiig critter ain't he. Look like he'd be a frightening opponent.

I do really want her and I greatly appreciate the offer, but I’m not in a place where I can take anymore dogs. With my limited housing situation I don’t think it would be fair to them. Thank you so much though!

I got some houses built. I’m up to my ankles in mud this year. The ground freezes then it snows. Then everything melts and thaws until the process repeats itself. The igloo houses are FINALLY gone after way too long. I really hate those things.

Re:Oreo. That's too bad you can't se your way clear to take her off me. I think have done well with you.
But I understand completely. Still, offer will stand. If your situation changes in the next little bit she'll be here till.....whenever.

I'm glad you got new houses. Plastic sux.
I'd like pix though.
I'm always open for new ideas.
Mush On!

Geez yes, them are actually really nice eh. The harness looks like it be good for bikejoring or skijoring.
Lighting up the night. That was cute. But for sure it's good tone seen. Especially if y'all are in an urban or urban"ish" area.
I just noticed your dogs hind legs. That's probably why he doesnt like running much. His legs almost look like they were damaged one time.
They actually look like a Chow-chow's rear legs.
But he's a biiiiiiiig critter ain't he. Look like he'd be a frightening opponent.

Yeah, I really like them and it seems to be good quality and durable! That harness is technically two years old but I lost it and barely used it but we used to use it a lot when I got it. And it still looks new, just a little bit faded. And now we've started using that and the collar every walk again.

And yeah, I think people use it for that. Well, not sure about skiing or pulling but people also use it for those bike attachment things that they put on the side of bikes. I think the original design was for an easy on easy off agility or flyball harness cause you have to be fast with that, letting them go before the run and catching them after, and since this is just velcro on and a buckle over it, it's super easy and fast on and off so fits the bill. Buuutttt... people have come up with all sorts of other uses for it since it really is a great harness :D

And haha thanks :) yeah, we're not in a big city but we are in town and near a busy road so we definitely need the reflectiveness. Most of where we walk is lit up with street lights but still good to have when we walk in the darker areas or along the road.

And yeah, he stands very weird. His nails are also reallyyyy long right now since he doesn't let anyone clip them so I wonder if that's part of it? But he has hurt his leg or both before cause he I think tore a ligament, tendon, or ACL??? in 2014, ran into the woods after a deer. Wasn't really healing at first but then it started to when we actually did the rest etc. But it would get better then bad till it finally healed. Anyway, I think he has occasionally reinjured it since then or I'm not sure if it ever healed right. He still occasionally limps if he does too much. And he holds the one leg out when he sits which I read is ACL? We opted not to do the surgery at the time and just do the meds but now I'm wondering if we should do it. But the surgery is so expensive. :( so is physical therapy, the water therapy thing, or even a brace. I feel bad cause i do wonder if he's in pain just doing normal stuff? But he seems perfectly fine and happy. He just has to take a 5 min break on his walk before we come home. Which I'm fine with.

But he's always had somewhat poor confirmation and we neutered him way too early. It's all a big mess

But yes, he's definitely big!

I think 30 inches at the shoulder, 31 or 32 if you count the mane haha I measured but it's hard to tell exactly. Probably closer to 31.

130 pounds, plus or minus a few.

His girth is like 42, measured that too so if i get another harness i get the right size..

That counters 3 feet tall. He can reach it to steal stuff haha

I have an advantage when it comes to housing. My dogs don’t chew. They both prefer digging and so they are content digging rather than trying to chew up their houses. It gives me the opportunity to use barrels without worrying about them swallowing plastic.

Attachments

• 01B89107-B1B5-4BED-BF71-061C648FB0A2.jpeg
    01B89107-B1B5-4BED-BF71-061C648FB0A2.jpeg
    773.4 KB · Views: 6
KDOGG
The hook up I've seen for bikejoring is by the steering head.
The dog pulls the bike or trike or quad in races. Just like skijoring or canicros.
I don't like the idea of bungees though. It seems to tire the dogs somehow.
The rear leg structure, yes I've seen that before. I've seen in the Chowchow but not to that extent. It apparently does happen in certain breeds but also apparently a breed fault.
I would think it would cause a stilted/stiff legged gait even more accentuated than the Chowchow.
Definitely something that would totally undesirable for a mushing dog. But I think it'd be totally acceptable if someone had a good hearted pet they loved.

image.jpeg
Blue
Nice one. I fully appreciate keeping the 'doorway bottom' above the 'floor' to keep the straw in.
Yes these are so much easier to clean, they're easy move, waterproof, super cost efficient.
The only thing I didn't like about plastic barrel houses; sometimes in real cold weather I would put a piece of rug of canvas on the doorway to keep the heat in...,, ...but moisture buildup happened. The pic above is Oreo's house. It was really good last winter when I draped a couple layers of woven poly tarp over it with 'door' flap that almost reached the ground. But the wind, claws(dog) and even some biting/gnawing kinda wrecked that idea.
So this weekend(now) I'm moving her into a wood(plywood) house like the new ones I made for the Birthday Brood. I think I posted them earlier.
I haven't had any problems with mu longer furred dogs in plastic battle houses. I think it's more due to being able to leave the front open because the cold doesn't really bother them.
So.....ya.... Nice.
On a different note....
I sure wish pet safe paint wasn't so expensive. I nearly had a conniption fit! Nearly $35.00/litre(quart).
If it was closer to home(2hr trip one way to get it) and even $20.00/quart I might be tempted. But for now, bare plywood will hafta do

Back
Top Bottom