Amesbury, MA

aclee

Songster
9 Years
Feb 16, 2010
Amesbury, MA
The building inspector just came and said the chickens must go. When I asked if I could challenge it, he at first said no, it was zoning there was nothing to challenge, but when I pushed he said he could send me an offical letter and it would have information on an appeal process if I wanted to do that. Ummm...Yeah I want to do that.

So, any suggestions on my next steps? I have a list of all the towns in MA that do allow chickens I think, what else should I include? I will do some pictures of my coop etc.

We are going to put up a new fence tonight so no one can see any of the chickens...we have chainlink on one side now and we're going to replace that with stockade I guess...maybe that will help...

I saw your post about the problem over in the Crazy 24hr thread. How much property do you have? One thing about it, him sending formal paperwork, etc., will stall for time and allow the meat birds to probably grow on out. Did he say if someone had complained about the chickens? If I understand it right (according to your signature line), you've had chickens since January? I'd work on getting the meaties on to freezer camp. Do you have a rooster...that crows? You might do a search for "Right to Farm Act" and study up on it, if I'm not mistaken MA has this. It might give you some ammo.

Well, if nothing else, maybe my message gave you a little bump.
smile.png

Best wishes on your situation, hang tight!
Ed

Backyardchickens.com said that chickens are allowed in Worcester ,MA but they are not! I would check the other towns that said yes to chickens!

Back
Top Bottom