Amish Incubator... are you off the grid?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by PortageGirl, Dec 10, 2008.

1. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

http://www.lehmans.com/shopping/pro...CT&iMainCat=1002&iSubCat=1002&iProductID=5325

[​IMG]

Just posting this cause it is so interesting!!! It's highly impractical for any but a family who would always have someone there (and I mean RIGHT there!) to attend it 24/7 !

This is an interesting place, I live close enough to go there on occasion, it is an engrosing place to wander and roam, you will find unusual things in every aisle... they have a huge selection of hard to find canning supplies, gadgets and tools, equipment and just plain cool stuff that our grand and great-grandparents would recognize. Amish and Mennonite families shop here, since they have so many items which are not dependent on electricity, and the woodstove showroom is jaw dropping! Send for the catalog if you want something to curl up with but the catalog doesn't do justice to the place!

It's very close to where Meyer Hatchery is, in well... sort of Central Ohio, Well North of Columbus, ... about halfway between Columbus and Cleveland I guess... I just drive, don't think about it very much! LOL

2. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    WOW !!!! Amazing, cant imagine what work it would be to have one !!

3. ole-crone

ole-crone Chillin' With My Peeps

We have one of those lantern - they put off a lot of heat!!

4. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I love going to Lehmans, I could spend a week or two and not see the same thing twice! That incubator is dedication to hatching! lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by