Amoxicilina saved my sick Hen's life

shannara200

Songster
9 Years
Sep 16, 2012
Hello all I just wanted to post this info about one of my hens who fell sick but was saved by an Antibiotic called Amoxicillin. About a week ago one of my hens stopped eating was lethargic drank a lot of water and pooped clear liquid, I thought she had sour crock because when she bent over water would spill out of her mouth, but when I got her to vomit what was in her crock it did not smell at all so I made sure the crock was empty and also gave her an enema to see if she was having issues with egg binding or clotting. She seemed better after that but the next morning she was back to how she was and figured she was going to die like the others have in the past years. Luckily my parents came to a visit, I told them about the hen and my mother recommend I give her "Amoxicillin also spelled amoxycillin, is an antibiotic useful for the treatment of a number of bacterial infections" so I took a pill cut 1/4 of it off about 125 milligrams, crushed it in to some apple sauce and put it down her throat with a siring. the next morning she was 100% back to normal pushing her way to the freshly cooked oatmeal I feed them every morning. its been about a week now and she is still 100% and acting like she always did.

Now I am not saying this that everyone should do this but if you tried everything else and you know your hen will die then I recommend you try it, as for me I now have a small supply of the pills in case it happens again with another hen.

Chicken Man

Back
Top Bottom