An interesting occurance at school today - slight rant

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WriterofWords, Feb 10, 2011.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    With all the posts supporting teachers lately I'm going to risk a post.
    We had an "anonymous" call to our administrative office today to say that they were not a parent from our school, but that they are a friend of a friend who knows someone whose children goes to our school. Their 10 year old went home yesterday and reported that teachers at our school cuss. Ok, when ? Where? At who? What teacher or teachers? And who the heck are you?? They said they didn't want to give their name because they didn't want this innocent child punished for reporting the horrible behavior of our teachers. Well if you aren't a parent how are we going to know what child said what? They also wanted to give us a "heads-up" that they would be speaking at the school board meeting tonight and that they had alerted the media and they would be at the meeting too. So at 4:30 this afternoon we get this call and my principal and I rush to a meeting that starts at 5pm about 35 miles away from us. We got there a little late, half-way expecting to see news trucks set up etc.. they weren't there and no one was signed up to speak during the open forum concerning us.

Why do people do this? If they feel there is a problem why do they not come to the school and talk to the principal and teachers they are accusing rather than making anonymous calls claiming to have nothing to go on except someone heard a child say something to their parent and then turned around and reported it to someone else who decided they had to do something about this horrible situation they know nothing about? They don't know if it's true, or if the child heard a staff member in Wal Mart cuss about something. They didn't say cuss at the children, they said the teachers cuss. To me if it's an anonymous call it's usually not true or they would have the guts to come to the school to protect a child, not make calls that will not be taken seriously because there is no proof other than an opinion. The staff will be told about it, so they can be on their guard concerning this situation.

2. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

That just makes me want to cuss! [​IMG]

People don't get it I guess.

We've had problems over the years with teachers of our kids. Nothing serious, but things we wanted to address. We always just called the school, set up a meeting with the principle and the teacher, conversed with them... problem solved. It's not rocket science. Just common courtesy and common sense. [​IMG]

3. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    People just suck these days. Suck. Suck. Suck. [​IMG]

4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Quote:And that is exactly how it should be handled!

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:This.. [​IMG]

6. Junkmanme

Junkmanme Chillin' With My Peeps

IF these "do-gooders" would have grown-up WHEN and WHERE I went to school......a little bit of "cussin' " wouldn't bother them a bit.

I came in 2nd place in my New Mexico History Class with a total 35 Swats from a 2-handed Swat-Board with holes in it. (My buddy had 42 swats over the year.) This was 7th Grade.

Your "do-gooder" wouldn't have wanted to hear the words the Coach used regularly at sports practice and calisthenics.

It didn't "injure us" a bit. But you got "motivated" !!!

I think the Parents are often more "childish" these days than the students.

-Junkmanme- [​IMG]

7. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Perhaps there was no real complaint at all; the caller just wanted to see if you would show up at the School Board Meeting.

8. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Writerofwords I agree with you. If you call annoumsly(however it is spelt [​IMG]) it is probably not true. Just because a child tells you something does not mean it is true. Alot of times when my kids came to me and told me their teacher or someone did something, I listened to my child. Then I went to the person and listened to their side. Kids tend to only tell what keeps them out of trouble. Thank you for caring and teaching. I couldn't I would go hary cary. [​IMG]

9. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    Annoying little git. I know a kid, somewhere, somehow, that said something negative about some teacher, but I don't know who, so I'll just call and complain. I won't give enough information to confirm or deny the story, and I won't give my name or the little angel's name because then you might pick on the little angel. But there is something wrong at that school and you need to fix it.

That's not the way to handle anything. Makes me wonder if it wasn't a call, but an e-mail from a former student trying to start something.

Writer, there is not enough aspirin in the universe for me to have you job. I don't even know if there is enough red wine. [​IMG]

10. Junkmanme

Junkmanme Chillin' With My Peeps

When I was in School ( a half-Century ago)...getting in trouble at School was the EASY PART.
    The HARD PART was what happened to you when your Parents found out !!!

But, the Parents today don't "discipline" their children. AND they won't let the Schools do it either!

(THANK YOU, Dr. Spock.)

----and the "kids" can just call 911 and say they are being "abused". Then here come "the cops" to disintegrate a family.

To borrow a phrase from President Harry S. Truman: "That's a bunch of "Horse-Manure".

-Junkmanme- [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by