An interesting rooster

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
I have 14 hens, 3-4 of my hens are frizzle and or NN. I wanted more of the Friz/NN. I was considering buying more Friz and or NN, but then I remembered my rooster is Friz/NN (he is a smooth but carries the gene.) I will not have to buy any. The only trouble now is having to wait until eggs get fertile. I am glad he can help me with my obsession. This may not work for everyone, especially if you are looking for pures. I hope it gives people something to consider.

6B4B55C8-D3F0-4D4A-83FD-5607DA7C3FBC.jpeg

Surprise- chickens can have the frizzle gene but be smooth.
fro.PNG

Both these chickens are frizzle and have frizzle gene, but one is smooth feathered.

Surprise- chickens can have the frizzle gene but be smooth.View attachment 2851879
Both these chickens are frizzle and have frizzle gene, but one is smooth feathered.
Umm I think you are miss understanding because that picture doesn’t say they can have the frizzle gene and not be frizzle!
The frizzle gene is incomplete dominant so the need one gene to show it, F= frizzle gene f= non frizzle gene frizzle bird is Ff frazzle is FF smooth/non frizzle is ff
If you breed a frizzle (Ff) to a none frizzle (ff) you get a 50% chance of getting smooth or frizzle feathering per chick

Ff
f Ff ff
f Ff ff

I you where to breed frazzle (FF) to smooth (ff) you would get 100% frizzle

F F
f Ff Ff
f Ff Ff

I hope this helps!

Thanks I know about frizzles, I am sorry you misunderstood thinking I needed help. I was just excited I had a rooster that had frizzle gene EVENTHOUGH he is not.- 50% of his babies will be though.

boom.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom