And a new headache appears! *happily updated*

RunningRabbit

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 10, 2012
I mentioned before that I am sharing a home with my parents. However, now my sister has joined the chaos by moving in with her youngest daughter.

She's been here for only 3 days and already she's causing problems. She's unemployed and likes to sleep in until 1pm. Which means that if anyone, be it an adult or child even remotely makes noise, she's screaming, cussing and pounding on the wall in some bizarre attempt at silencing all the normal noises of a busy household, just so she can resume her sleeping.

I have a two year old, and he is always up by 9am. Which means noises of making breakfast, doing chores, and general two year old noises (giggling at cartoons, making car noises while playing with a hot wheels car, talking to me). Nothing that actually qualifies as loud. I don't know what she expects, but if absolute quiet until 1pm is what she desires, than she's just going to have to get over it.

So I've stocked up on motrin and aleve, because boy am I going to need it....Any advice? She likes to fight and has absolutely no qualms about doing so at the barest hint of conflict.

I'm going to use some of my pay increase to make a down payment on an acre or two of land and pop a trailer on there temporarily. That way, I won't ever have to deal with this again. But until that day, any advice would be very helpful.

Last edited:
I feel your pain! My daughter and I had to stay with my grandmother for almost a year once. She is a harridan! I don't sleep until 1pm but in her mind daybreak is wakeup time. And children should be seen and not heard!

I almost exactly what you said. Our family owns 14 acres so I bought a a used trailer. Been happily living in it for more than a year now. No rent no mortgage!

Good luck!

The best thing you can do is to ignore her as much as possible. It is hard, but it is a skill worth cultivating and the more you practice the easier it gets. It is no fun throwing a tantrum or a hissy fit if no one pays any attention to you. If she wants to bang on the wall, let her. I wouldn't make noise just to annoy her, but I wouldn't walk around on tiptoe either. If I wanted to listen to the radio or watch TV I would. When she tries to start a screaming match, walk away. Kind, compassionate, and tactful person that I am, I would not be above putting a newspaper on her bed open to the classifieds with the rental ads circled.

I don't know where you live, but there may be pieces of land available with a low down and low payments. Do an internet search and it doesn't hurt to make the rounds of real estate offices and tell the agents what you are looking for. Some agents are jerks, but others can be really helpful. The more people who know what you are looking for, the better. I found the place I live now because a waitress overheard me talking about looking for a place to buy.

Oh, I absolutely try to ignore her. However, she's got a very bad habit of getting right in a person's face and screaming at them. She's older than me, but exceedingly juvenile for someone her age. It's just so horribly frustrating. She stays up all hours of the night, has no problem waking me up or even my son while she's having a screaming match with someone on the phone, but then gets angry over normal household noises.
he.gif
<---that represents me perfectly at the moment.

I live in Ohio and will start my land search today.

What a violent atmosphere for your child to endure. I'm sorry I can only offer sympathy and no advice, my general reaction to confrontational folks is to exclude them from my life as much as possible. Good luck on your land search!

Go to amazon.com. Go to Books and plug in "toxic people". I just did and I found several books on dealing with toxic people and at least one on dealing with emotional blackmailers. None of the books are very expensive and I think in your present situation they would be very helpful and go a long way toward preserving what is left of your sanity. Good luck.

what is this person doing with her own child if she is still sleeping @ 1 in the afternoon?
My question also.
Is the child school age? Who sees the child off to school in the morning?
Child preschool age? Who takes care of the child until mom awakens?

Our parents take care of her children. She does next to nothing for them.

Today, I found out that my parents are kicking my son out of his bedroom, so she can have it. I am so horribly angry right now. This always happens. They bend over backwards for her, and I and my son end up getting screwed over.

Back
Top Bottom