....and I thought chicken math was bad....I am out of control with hatching eggs

If you set all of them without the turner, you should have *just* enough room depenonf on extras and many are either broken or have ruptured airsacs.

Candle at like 9 days and take any with blood rings or no development. Maybe then you'll be down to 22 and can use the turner the rest if the way

This
If you set all of them without the turner, you should have *just* enough room depenonf on extras and many are either broken or have ruptured airsacs.

Candle at like 9 days and take any with blood rings or no development. Maybe then you'll be down to 22 and can use the turner the rest if the way
I fit so many eggs in a janoel24 and then candled and put the turner back in. AC eggs aren’t very big either so I think this will work. I think I fit upwards of 30 eggs in there

This
I fit so many eggs in a janoel24 and then candled and put the turner back in. AC eggs aren’t very big either so I think this will work. I think I fit upwards of 30 eggs in there
Wepl, I have a gal that lays larger eggs. But she hatched out of one between a standard and bantam egg

Thank you both for your responses, this was actually my plan. Hand turn them the first ~10 days until I candle them then once I remove the ones that are no good then I bet I'll end up around where I should be to turn the turner on.

With how small Ayam Cemani eggs are compared to other breeds I should have plenty of room

there will be some with saddleback airsacks as mentioned. So candle them all when you get them and with a pencil only mark the air sack. Use the best looking ones. Alternatively use the worst ones first as you are more likely to lose some there. Store the others pointy end down in a cool place (5-10C ideally)
Another criteria you can use is mottling in the shell. Any that are more porous (lighter specks in shell only seen when candling) will be less likely to hatch so again whichever way you want to try it. I had some quit early on me after day 3 and it was the most porous eggs. The remaining eggs can be stored a while but I would suggest 5 days max. You will have to have the incubator up and running for 24 hours, set all the eggs for 24 hours and place 5 to the side. After 3 and 5 days you check for any that didn't make it and replace with the 5 remaining. Mark them well so you can tell which are the 5 late ones as they will need to be stopped turning at a different time to the others.

Back
Top Bottom