And so it begins....

HenGuyOnTheSide

In the Brooder
Aug 17, 2016
Bellevue, Ohio
Hello all. New member and new to chickens. We just bought this house and there is a coop. So we bought 10 3 month old girls a week or so ago and now Im obsessed with building a better coop for them.(currently 10 x 10) I should be unpacking boxes or thinking about my new job. But no, its all about the girls! I began dismantling the kid playhouse thing to repurpose into chicken coop building materials. I took the plastic tunnel and am creating new nesting boxes. This weekend I will be adding a wood roof with rolled asphalt roofing. I plan to double or triple the coop size and use the top portion of the playhouse as the structure for a second coop. Any thoughts or advice is welcome. (I cant figure out how to add more than one photo so I am going to comment on my OP with additional photos) Thanks!

Greetings from Kansas, HenGuy, and :welcome. Great to have you in our community! Nice looking coop! I agree with you...I get pretty obsessed when it comes to chickens. But it's all worth when you complete your project. Best of luck to you!

Back
Top Bottom