And so it begins!!!

Studabird

Songster
May 8, 2020
Southwest Louisiana
So I got chickens 3 months ago. It had been a dream for quite a while. Finally my wife relented because there were no eggs at the supermarket. We got 17 chickens to start ( My wife is no longer allowed in TSC). 5 Buff Brahmas (that we’re supposedly Cubalaya) 5 Bantams (Already bigger than most any bantam breed) 5 Sexlinks and 2 RIR’s. Once I found out I had Brahmas I fell in love with them and decided I wanted to breed them. So one night my wife and I were sitting out enjoying chicken TV and she had a glass or wine or two and I had a couple beers and we went to Meyer hatchery and ordered our breeding stock. Hatch date June 15!! Then we went on about our business knowing we were fully prepared because we had just gotten the original 17 birds out of our house. We had navigated pasty butt and a few weaklings that needed extra care. Well a few days later a house fell in our laps with everything we wanted. Now we are trying to close on it sell our house and the chickens came today. Chaos abounds. We will persevere though we always do. The chickens are worth it and I can’t wait to start breeding hatching and improving on the hatchery stock I have. 7B8F9DAB-F5BB-4B9C-8426-7FFE932A8894.jpeg

Chaos indeed....but congrats on the growing flock and the house! Best of luck with your breeding plans.

Back
Top Bottom