And still another breed ID help request...! Blue Ameracauna?

L7 Farm

Chirping
Nov 23, 2020
Upstate New York
We got a small lot of Barred Plymouth Rocks to fill some vacancies in our relatively young flock (last hatchery delivered 1 DOA and two dead within a day, it looked like a rough trip, so we ordered much closer to home this time and they all arrived fit as a fiddle).

This gal was the "bonus chick". Six days old in this picture (sorry for the resolution, I had to use a nanny cam in the brooder in order to get a nice angle on her, this is a cropped screenshot).

Reverse image search and paging through chick ID guides suggested Blue Ameracauna, which has quite the spectrum of chick colors, but I'm terrible with this sort of thing. (My spouse is the chicken person, grew up with them, but they had large monoflocks, mostly Rhode Island Reds.)

Your thoughts?
Screenshot_20210619-230011_Blink~2.jpg

We got a small lot of Barred Plymouth Rocks to fill some vacancies in our relatively young flock (last hatchery delivered 1 DOA and two dead within a day, it looked like a rough trip, so we ordered much closer to home this time and they all arrived fit as a fiddle).

This gal was the "bonus chick". Six days old in this picture (sorry for the resolution, I had to use a nanny cam in the brooder in order to get a nice angle on her, this is a cropped screenshot).

Reverse image search and paging through chick ID guides suggested Blue Ameracauna, which has quite the spectrum of chick colors, but I'm terrible with this sort of thing. (My spouse is the chicken person, grew up with them, but they had large monoflocks, mostly Rhode Island Reds.)

Your thoughts?
View attachment 2726305
Also, where did you get her

She could be a blue ameraucana. I got my chicks at the same time, but mine turns out to be a splash ameraucana, not blue. I know they had some blue ameraucanas left for 6/14, so this little one could be one of them.

Back
Top Bottom