And the award for 'Best Use of a Spear Gun' goes to.....

miss_jayne

Lady_Jayne
11 Years
Jun 26, 2008
Columbiaville, MI
Frizzledhen!

our beloved Frizzledhen took out a varmint with a spear gun. yes, a spear gun.

no, seriously, you are reading this correctly.

a coon took out a bunch of her breeding stock and was up in her rafters so she asked God for direction. next thing you know, she's got a spear gun set up in her barn.

details taken from: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=233&p=1428

Well
this morning I go out to the barn and find 5 more chickens dead. These were from my breeding stock. Up in the rafters sits the culpret. I would have bet my last dollar that a coon could not penetrate my barn, WRONG! Ok, now what do I do? The stupid chicken killer can't find it's way back out of the barn. I try for 2 hous to get it down from the rafters with no success. I love my chickens but I don't want to sit out there all day to protect them from the horror above. All of my gun toten neighbors have left for church. My coon dog refused to do anything other than bark his silly head off and I would swear that coon was laughing at me. Now I have suffered for 3 weeks with a pinched nerve in my neck which makes my right arm totally usless. I ask God, what am I suppose to do? As I am looking up I see a very distinct shape carved in one of the rafters. A light bulb goes off and I run to the house. It took me 2 minuites to find what I was looking for and than ran back out to the barn. I set my secret weapon up, take very careful aim and let loose. That big old coon is not laughing at me any more OR eating anymore of my chickens.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. God is good.

lau.gif
lau.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

a speargun is basically an underwater version of a handheld crossbow right? Too funny!

ladies, you are both correct! Gayle is inventive, awesome, wonderful and a killer. wait. that came out wrong....
bun.gif

in all seriousness, Gayle IS inventive, awesome and wonderful. the fact that she actually hit the raccoon with the spear gun is what amazes me! it's not like she had six rounds or anything.

Back
Top Bottom