And then there are the neighbors that deserve fresh eggs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Rhett&SarahsMom, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Our "newer" neighbors came over and with out saying a word snow blowed the end of our driveway and the sidewalk in front of our house this morning. They did the entire side of our street.
    This is there second winter here. I have "met" only one of the family.

So when I saw they did this I cut the egg carton in half and sent the dh over with a half dozen FRESH eggs as a thank you. They help me out with this all winter(I really shouldnt shovel due to my heart/clotting issue) and they will be getting eggs all year

2. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

that is great. It's so nice you have a unique way to thank them...I'm sure they appreciated the gift. [​IMG]

3. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    only half???? let them have a whole dozen..

[​IMG]

4. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    Good neighbors are truly a blessing. Mine never complain about any thing we do. They have even caught my chickens that have gotten out and put them back in the fence for me.

I give them extra eggs when I have them and bake something for them at Christmas.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  5. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Quote:Sure, that way the quicker they go through that half dozen the quicker they get another fresh half dozen!

6. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    That is so nice!! good neighbours are hard to come by.......

7. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I have some great neighbors about 8 acres down the road. They come check on me and if they see strange vehicles out front the boys come questions them! The raise chickens and the girls are the only ones that ever babysat my son other than my family. I love them to death!

8. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    [​IMG] I love giving out my extra fresh eggs as gifts. Since I am in not in the country most of my friends never even knew green eggs exhisted much less had seen one so they make great gifts. I am also an organic freek so they get all sorts of preserves and salsa's I make from my garden as well. Come to think of it that is basically what most are getting for Christmas lol.

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Speaking of neighbors. I was sitting here reading this when a knock came at the door. My neighbor, the nutty one, with my dog - again. He loves her dogs and digs into her yard at least once a day. This was the second time today. He is grounded.

10. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Quote:Only have one laying right now. .. maybe 2.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by