Andalusian Pullet Aggressive with Polish Pullets

May 4, 2021
Hello! I have a flock of 18 pullets all around 10 weeks old. I've noticed that one of my Andalusian pullets has been picking out the feathers of a few Polish pullets. This has happened three times. Based on my reading, it seems that my Andalusian is bullying the Polishes rather than working to establish a peaking orders. My five Polish pullets are pretty gentle and don't go out of their way to bother the other pullets. They also get along with the other, non-Andalusian pullets.

I've separated my Andalusian but aren't sure what to do next. Thoughts? Is there a way to reform a bullying pullet or do I need to accept that she needs a new home? Our Polish are really taking a beating.

Do an on site search on 'Pin Less Peepers' - they can sometimes serve to break this habit. In a mixed flock, Polish frequently have their crests pecked out.

Do an on site search on 'Pin Less Peepers' - they can sometimes serve to break this habit. In a mixed flock, Polish frequently have their crests pecked out.
Thanks for the suggestion! Do you have any thoughts on how long my Andalusian would need to wear them? It seems like it might need to be a long-term thing.

Back
Top Bottom