Angel wing in ducks, & how we wrap to mend it - Pictorial

Bugaboo has to stay wrapped up for that long? Poor thing, he looks miserable! His breast appears to bulge over in front of the wrap, but he is eating/drinking/moving well and his breathing seems normal. So I assume it is not too tight? Of course I am a worry wart about it.

Bugaboo's wrap is staying on perfectly. It doesn't seem to bother him. He does not pick at it. He also is back to eating out of my hand too. He is a sweet & brave drake. I really hope this works! Will post before/after pics when I remove wrap.

He has adjusted to wearing it beautifully, and is running around, acting happy, and begging for treats. Unless I see any change in behavior, I will leave it for at least 5 days, unless you think it is better to wait a full 7?

Hey Celtic, my favorite waterfowl mentor. big_smile.png Today is day 5 with Bugaboo's wrap. Should I remove and check.... or wait 1-2 more days??

Also, I am going to feed store today. My options for what is in stock are 18% purina start n grow (which is what they are back on now), layena 16% grower, or mazuri maintenance. (have mazuri everything on order, but will take 2-3 weeks to get in).

On a side note, my africans have been on purina start n grow 18% and have done well on it. They are just over 5 weeks old now. When would you recommend switching feeds for them and/or cutting back protein?

Last edited by a moderator:
So.... just so I am clear... wink.png

Starting today, I am going to give both 5 week old ducklings and goslings a combination of 18% starter with the mazuri maintenance?

OK, I will unwrap this afternoon and take a pic.

Here is a pic of my Bugaboo with wrap just off. I am surprised at the difference!
Before:
633.jpg

After:
538.jpg

Picked up the mazuri maintenance today and fed them half/half of mazuri with purina start n grow. Silly things picked out all the start n grow and left the mazuri. At $40 a bag, you'd think they'd LOVE the mazuri.

Back
Top Bottom