ANGLE WINGS PLEASE HELP

JHducks3

Chirping
6 Years
May 8, 2013
hi
my 8-10 week old female welsh harlquin duck has got angle wing in her right wing. what should i do!!? is it too late? none of the other ducks show signs of it?
please help :(

When did this start? Sometimes as feathers come in, they will look a little angel-wingy. Give it a few days. Meanwhile, there are instructions around here somewhere for wrapping for it. Warning: do not wrap too tightly, you can cause worse problems.

It just started as she grew her blue feathers under her wing but there are adult feathers under the blue feathers I have a feeling that may be why? Thanks guys! :)

I feel so bad it's all my fault
sad.png
No it is not, some are leaning towards genetics too. I have always feed Flock raiser at 22% and haven't had angel wing so feed may not be the case here either.

That's my question!!! I was feeding them chick starter when they were little. I also gave them cracked corn! Anyway, the Flock Raiser has more protein in it than the Chick Starter or Layer and Breeder pellets! Someone told me to feed them chicken scratch. What I found at the Feed Store was 3 grain, Cracked corn, wheat and milo. It said 8% protein! I thought corn had too much protein?? I think I have seen 5 Grain Scratch at another store. My ducks are grown now! I have 1 with angelwings. I hate that he's like that!! We tried to correct it by wrapping his wings to his body for 7 days, but it didn't work!! I wonder if it is okay to feed both Flock Raiser and Chicken Layer and Breeder pellets together as a complete diet?? Flock Raiser is more expensive than the Layer and Breeder pellets!
Why does Flock Raiser, or Waterfowl feed have 20% protein in it, if too much protein isn't good for ducks??

That's my question!!! I was feeding them chick starter when they were little. I also gave them cracked corn! Anyway, the Flock Raiser has more protein in it than the Chick Starter or Layer and Breeder pellets! Someone told me to feed them chicken scratch. What I found at the Feed Store was 3 grain, Cracked corn, wheat and milo. It said 8% protein! I thought corn had too much protein?? I think I have seen 5 Grain Scratch at another store. My ducks are grown now! I have 1 with angelwings. I hate that he's like that!! We tried to correct it by wrapping his wings to his body for 7 days, but it didn't work!! I wonder if it is okay to feed both Flock Raiser and Chicken Layer and Breeder pellets together as a complete diet?? Flock Raiser is more expensive than the Layer and Breeder pellets!
Why does Flock Raiser, or Waterfowl feed have 20% protein in it, if too much protein isn't good for ducks??
That would be a question for Purina about the protein % in their FR. I haven't had a problem with it, here is my mix. 80% FR to 10% 7way scratch to 10% whole oats. the whole flock gets this including the just hatched ducklings. I make a mash using Un pasteurized ACV and warm water.

Back
Top Bottom