Angry, sad, devastated. Rant(dog story)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad, if you were ranting about Hitler was a good guy just misunderstood, I'd speak up too. People need to hear it, they're being ridiculous and then coming here and whining and getting way, way too much validation.

This bb is so unreal I can't believe it.

And you all support each other 'Oh, my dog killed my chicken', 'OH YOU POOR DEAR'. HOW ABOUT THE CHICKEN? Not so cool to be chased, ripped apart and die in terror. No, I am not saying don't butcher animals. That's their purpose. When animals are butchered properly it's quick. And it's not a WASTE FOR NOTHING and a pointless death. The animal at least feeds someone.

Come on for heaven's sake, this is ridiculous, it's like this whole bb has gone wacky and you're all encouraging each other to STAY wacky.

You aren't running Noah's Ark out in your yard!

Spend some money, house your animals properly and stop whining to each other and patting each other on the back when your negligence and refusal to provide realistic housing causes an animal to be ripped to shreds! As far as I'm concerned 99% of the whining about neighbors is right on the same page.

If this happened to a single chicken at a commercial hatchery you'd all be charging around screaming about cruelty to animals and all patting each other on the back. GET REAL. You LOVE your animals but you throw them all out together in the yard, and get rid of the dog when it kills one chicken and then expect the new owner to give the dog BACK TO YOU? SERIOUSLY???????

I could say it nicer? NO I COULD NOT, nor could anyone else who has even one foot in reality and cares about animals even the tiniest bit. It's disgusting that's all, there is no nice way to say it.

Last edited:
Everyone take a deep breath....

Tara didn't know the dog she brought home would kill a chicken until it did - and it was a year before the killing happened. Many people have dogs that do just fine around birds so there was hope. Were there other options, perhaps. But she felt that she had an understanding with the dog's new owner; an agreement that was broken. THAT'S the source of the rant. If the person didn't want to return the dog for whatever reason, they should have said so and explained why. The issue wasn't "who's a better owner", it was about a broken agreement without explanation.

I understand your opinion and can see your side perfectly, but we need to be civil to each other so everyone feels safe from attack while they are here.

welsummerchicks -
Im glad you were born a know it all and had ALL the knowledge in the world so you could stomp on every other dumb person out there.

Look when people come here to tell stories of their mess ups it is in hopes OTHERS will learn. It is not a time for know it all people to rub it in their faces that they know it all and the ranter is just plain stupid. If you want to be like that you need to get the heck out of dodge. People like this are not welcome here.

I dont know who you think you are tearing people like the OP and myself down by using us as a shameful example. Using us as an example is one thing but to shame us while doing it, SHAME ON YOU!

You have to live and learn through life. Sometimes horrible things happen to people who werent born without copious amounts of knowlege!
Get over yourself.

Just last night while I was on my porch feeding my goats I look over at my neighbors who had a chicken fly into their dog pen and the dog was attacking it.
Did I go over there and chew them out for being complete idiots for not housing their chickens properly? NO! Im not a rude arrogant butt hole!! Ive been in that position myself and I ran next door and told them what was going on. They thanked me for it and hopefully they will return the favor if (God forbid) something was to happen to my chickens. Im sure if I went over there and chewed them out they would not return the favor.

You dont win flies with vingar!

How about putting a roof over the dog kennel? How about there's no EXCUSE for that? How about ten dollars worth of netting over the top of the kennel to keep the chicken out? How about, chickens fly, as many animals with wings do?

How about what do you expect if you have that sort of housing and why subject the chicken to that?

It has nothing to do with being a 'know it all'. Any idiot can see a dog has teeth and a chicken can fly.

It's not being a know it all. In fact, I think the LESS one 'knows' the better, because one gets such an unrealistic attitude from this bb.

That's just an excuse to 'shoot the messenger' and a very, very poor and transparent excuse, and you know it.

Bear responsibility for your actions, and stop pointing the finger at me for calling a spade a spade.

It's just basic, simple common sense that you don't put animals together (or nearby in flimsy housing) that are naturally predator and prey. That's ALL it is, common sense. An adult with an IQ of 15 would realize that. AND just how hypocritical it is to complain about the commercial operations because the animals are in small spaces, when they aren't properly housed in the home and get ripped to shreds because they and the animals around them are just doing what they naturally do!

How common sense has so completely disappeared from this BB, I can't tell. Look, your animal died of an injury it had had so long it had maggots in it, it made me SICK to read it, and furious. Oh you poor thing - baloney. Take some responsibility for your actions and stop whining for sympathy.

You all seem to have completely lost track of how you sound. Maybe it takes an outsider to come in and see it. It is CONSTANT here, it's not like it's just one or two incidents. I've read so many of these since I got here it makes me SICK. And all preventable accidents due to inadequate housing and poor practices. And who gets the blame? THE DOG! Get rid of the dog!

If you can't properly house and care for multiple species of animals, or even one, DON'T GET THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE.

That's it for me, I've had it. All I've read here since I got here, is 'gee, my horse seemed to have tangled in some wire and half cut his foot off JUST THE OTHER DAY', when there are gobs of granulation tissue hanging out of it, it happened 'just the other day'? How about go out and clean up the wire! Fix the fence! It will be easy to find, just look where the animal tore up the ground trying to get loose and find the wire with the blood and hair all over it!

Why did it happen at all - CLEAN UP YOUR PASTURES and get DECENT FENCING! SEPARATE YOUR DOGS FROM YOUR GOATS AND CHICKENS! EXERCISE AND TRAIN YOUR DOG!

SURE accidents happen, but THIS OFTEN????

Take some dang responsibility for your actions instead of coming whining here for sympathy! And figure it out, it's not exactly rocket science we're talking about here!

Last edited:
Sometimes we arent looking for sympothy but sharing our stories so maybe they can save another animal!
Soon no one else is going to be able to do that in fear of people like you digging them a grave.

If youre done with it good! Leave! No one wants a person like you around. You need to learn to be critical in a way that doesnt kick someone in the mud then rub their face in it.
Things happen! If this world was so perfect there wouldnt be an emergency HELP! section.

I had to go out of town for my grandmothers.... No I dont have to defend myself. I know I did wrong, I admitted it yet you still see it fit to beat a dead horse.
Beat it! Beat it! Beat it! and Beat it some more!

...are you done beating it yet?

People learn via mistakes. Thats just life. Im glad you were born the perfect farmer.

I dont trust my dogs around my chickens. Maybe some can but I just dont take the chance I have my yard fenced in three sections. Did that even before we got chickens cause dogs were here first. The first section is at the house we have a dog door so they are in the front section second section is my garden cause I dont want the dogs or chickens in there unless they are invited 3rd section is the chickens. Yes people can suck once I gave a dog to a friend only to learn that they tied her to a tree and didnt feed or water her. I went over when I found out and took her off the chain and brought her home. Could have been arrested but I didnt care. Got her semi healthy again but she was never the same had health issues after that. I agree trust no one especially with your animals. People will tell you one thing and very often do just the opposite. I have found that alot of time giving to stanger works better than friends. I have rehomed some roos this year and I have the people call me all the time with updates on how they are doing. Didnt ask them to they just do so I think thats nice.

He killed one chicken after they were together supervised for over a year. My dogs do not go out loose unsupervised period. Accidents happen. Secondly afeter he kille dthe chicken, we still had him for quite some time and there were no further killings. How do you call that irresponsible. Regarless welsummer...please re read the rules at the top of this forum. AN opinion is one thing, flaming is not allowed.
Why would you post here? Rant and rave and stomp your feet at home in your living room, swear at the computer. I really don't care.
There are many things on this forum I don't agree with, So I choose not to post...common sense, right?

Your posts serve no purpose, it is not going to make the targets of your posts change, it is not going to prevent this from happening again, it is not constructive criticisim.

So basically you post to be a bully, not in this thread particularly, but in others.

Please don't post here, I don't need your drama or childish hissy fits.

Thank you for your participation.

On BYC, differing opinions are welcome, but only when expressed in a manner following the BYC Rules. Please review the rules, especially the following:

* Be friendly and courteous to all members at all times.
* Respect that people may have a different... philosophical... background than you.
4. No Trolling (posting to provoke others, luring them to flame or rant). Trolling is sometimes done involuntarily, so please be considerate when posting.
7. No Fighting. Taking a personal conflict to the forum is unacceptable.

Because this topic is obviously a sensitive issue for both sides, the Staff would appreciate it if a new thread on this topic is not started. Thank you for understanding.
If you must, take the discussion to PMs.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom