Angry Teens.....

Broke chicken lady

In the Brooder
Apr 3, 2020
Texas
I have 4 teenager gals and 2 babies (1 roo & 1 Gal). Their coop is is 4’x 7’ x 5’. With an attached full in closed run that is 12’ x 7’ and 7’ tall. They have perch’s. Mirro. Toys. Food and water in the run. I have been letting the children out to free range my yard in the morning and they stay out all day (I’m home 99%) of the time. This morning i didn’t want to let them Rome the yard just yet & was watching them through the window. One of the older teens was in the highest perch next to the door doing this funny dance and all the sudden she springs at the upper part of the door and hit it with her feet “attacking it, is what it appeared”. Now I’m a human momma as well and I’m first reaction was O lawrd. I’ve got to let them b4 the hurt themselves. And did just that. But now Im thinking they need to be isolated to the run and coop until they realize that it’s a Privilege to roam the yard.

I’m gonna have to go back to the office and work soon and they are gonna need to stay home with being turds......

Help me please with how to do this.

One of the older teens was in the highest perch next to the door doing this funny dance and all the sudden she springs at the upper part of the door and hit it with her feet “attacking it, is what it appeared”.
Bird was inside coop?
Was it trying to go thru a window maybe?
Pics of your coop and run, inside and out, would help immensely here.

I have 4 teenager gals and 2 babies (1 roo & 1 Gal).
How old are these birds in weeks?
Are they all integrated together?

Bird was inside coop? Yes they were inside the run. Already out of coop for the morning.

Was it trying to go thru a window maybe? It’s the door. That they know is the door. Normally they are standing at growling (as I call it) in the morning waiting for me.

Pics of your coop and run, inside and out, would help immensely here.

How old are these birds in weeks? Have 4 that are a bit over 2.5 months and 2 that are around 1 month. Little one have “safe spots with in the coop and run. For protection from the Mrs Boss.

Are they all integrated together? Yes. And have been for for over 2 weeks.

Attachments

• 09BD1B97-7CB3-4826-8126-00E93B260C69.jpeg
    09BD1B97-7CB3-4826-8126-00E93B260C69.jpeg
    951.1 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom