Animal Attack WHAT DO I DO😱😱

HenMomma7650

In the Brooder
Jan 17, 2021
Hi guys me again :hit
Hate to say it but my hens had gotten attacked yesterday!!!! Since the weather is getting warmer I let them out of the coop(I have a cage outside to keep them in during winter) to eat bugs and walk around. I let them out many days before this attack so I know the predator is not recent or has been here since spring.
Anyway on to the main point, one of my hens got hurt and I don’t know what to do! It’s been a day and she has been stuck in the coop all day. I’ve been checking up on her and giving her mealworms food and water but she barley eats!!! :hmm I gave her a few worms to eat for protein and she ate those but not many.
I am with her right now and looks like one of her legs are injured as well! She has ruffled feathers all around her body and an almost bald patch under wings, where she might have gotten bitten. She has been breathing very hard, but she is sleeping next to me right now. She was the least of it too!
sadly one of my silkies died yesterday, but I noticed another silkie is also injured very obvious bite barks by her butt and a lot of missing feathers but she is running around so she of probably okay.
this is the worst case of an animal attack I’ve had!!
Any tips for my very injured hen? :confused::idunno

Last edited:
Post some pictures. That is the only way to tell. I would wash out the injuries with saline solution immediately and apply antibiotic ointment without pain reliever on them. You don't want infection and an injury.

I would try to get her to eat something and drink too. I would put some Poultry Nutri-Drench in some water and see if you can get her to drink some. Sav-A-Chick will work too. I had an old hen that couldn't stand up and lift her head up. I left her in her coop in a nest box and would go out several times a day and try to get her to eat something. I gave her some scratch with worms in it and she would peck at it and eat a little. I would also put her beak in the vitamin water and get her to drink some too. Eventually she did get better but every time I went out to check on her I thought I'd probably find her dead. She still has some issues but is able to get around and on the roosts.
Nutri-drench.jpg
Save-A-Chick.jpg

Hi guys me again :hit
Hate to say it but my hens had gotten attacked yesterday!!!! Since the weather is getting warmer I let them out of the coop(I have a cage outside to keep them in during winter) to eat bugs and walk around. I let them out many days before this attack so I know the predator is not recent or has been here since spring.
Anyway on to the main point, one of my hens got hurt and I don’t know what to do! It’s been a day and she has been stuck in the coop all day. I’ve been checking up on her and giving her mealworms food and water but she barley eats!!! :hmm I gave her a few worms to eat for protein and she ate those but not many.
I am with her right now and looks like one of her legs are injured as well! She has ruffled feathers all around her body and an almost bald patch under wings, where she might have gotten bitten. She has been breathing very hard, but she is sleeping next to me right now. She was the least of it too!
sadly one of my silkies died yesterday, but I noticed another silkie is also injured very obvious bite barks by her butt and a lot of missing feathers but she is running around so she of probably okay.
this is the worst case of an animal attack I’ve had!!
Any tips for my very injured hen? :confused::idunno
Pepper spray ready!

Back
Top Bottom