Animal Memorial (pic)

annie3001

My Girls
13 Years
Jun 11, 2009
Ct.
Hello,
After some thought in the last few days of loosing our beloved house rabbit oreo, I have made a animal memorial garden area for all of my passing rabbits. which is currently 4.
They are all buried near eachother. There also lays a baby duck (that never made it from shipment).
I would like to put in some plants there too. The picture is from my apple computer camera, its not that good. but so you can see. on the back is our wire fencing. the front i put in these cedar boarding. So its defined. ANy of you done this before? I would love to see your pictures. I also put a flag and this colorful windblower thingy. I want to pick up some rabbit statues some time this weekend. I also put a small stool. I am still heartbroken and our house is still very quiet in the kitchen where our last rabbit passed away. (another thread on him and pictures too). Anyways, I know some of you would appriciate this idear. Hope everyone has a nice memorial weekend.

34076_photo_16.jpg

wow this picture is awful. really need to get a new camera.
th.gif

heres one of our beloved rabbits named lady. she lived 5 years.
34076_lady.jpeg

brownie. he lived about 2-3 years, been a looong time , i cant remember.
34076_brownie.jpeg

and I dont have a picture of mopsey. our first rabbit. he lived 1 year.

and of course oreo. rip... who passed away over to the rainbow bridge on tuesday.
34076_img_1108.jpg

The Rainbow Bridge
inspired by a Norse legend
By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,
Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.
Where the friends of man and woman do run,
When their time on earth is over and done.

For here, between this world and the next,
Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.
On this golden land, they wait and they play,
Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.

No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,
For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.
Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,
Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.

They romp through the grass, without even a care,
Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.
All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,
Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.

For just at that instant, their eyes have met;
Together again, both person and pet.
So they run to each other, these friends from long past,
The time of their parting is over at last.

The sadness they felt while they were apart,
Has turned into joy once more in each heart.
They embrace with a love that will last forever,
And then, side-by-side, they cross over....together.

Last edited:
I bury all of my pets. I don't have photos, because it just looks like a yard. I don't mark the graves. I may bury, say, our rat under her favorite patch of flowers though. It is deeply comforting to me, the turning of the soil in a chosen resting place. The rerelease of all the chemicals and elements that make us up, their rebirth as they become merged with a plant or bonded into rocks and minerals. It is reincarnation of a sort. Real and timeless. A reminder of the connection between things. It is how I hope to be buried too. By my loved ones, in the soil. No preservatives of boxes for me please.

Your garden looks so peaceful and beautiful. What a wonderful place to remember your pets.

Quote:
thank you. i dont want grave sites, so to speak. just a spot, that i may always remember. i was thinking on buying some stepping stones and writing their names on there. then i said "no" because i have 2 little kids. i dont want to have a "pet cemetery".

Back
Top Bottom