animal protein chicken feed

I am currently using a chicken feed with plant protein but I would like to try out a chicken feed with animal protein in it, and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations? Thanks!
Finding feed that contains animal protein is pretty difficult these days. Concerns about passing through the feed chain certain diseases has made it too expensive for many feed manufacturers to bother with.
I would also like to use a feed containing animal protein but ended up feeding a small quantity of fish as treat food two or three times a week to compensate.

I am saying the Purina Game Bird Flight Conditioner went veg a couple years ago. Purina Layena never had animal protein since the change around 2004. Others say they still get Flight Conditioner with animal protein, but I quit buying it when the store only had it without animal protein.

When Purina did that, that was when I made the switch to Gamebird Flight Conditioner. I'll recheck though and see if it still has it.

It depends on what brands you have available locally. You have to read the actual tags on everything. Most layer won't have animal protein. I have heard of some places having a 20% layer though, so double check.

The only things I can find locally with animal protein are Rural King's store brand of meatbird crumbles (21%), I think Farm & Fleet's Agri-Master meatbird also has animal protein (I remember buying it when I was there and I wouldn't have if it didn't, but don't remember the percent now), and turkey starter from the small feed store. Pretty sure the turkey starter is Nutrena and the actual bag says gamebird starter, but the tag says medicated turkey starter 28%. Most other Nutrena I've seen is all listed as vegetarian.

I am currently using a chicken feed with plant protein but I would like to try out a chicken feed with animal protein in it, and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations? Thanks!
Producers Pride at TSC has animal protein.

Attachments

• Producers pride 16.pdf
    43 KB · Views: 24
I just googled Producers Pride and none of it has animal proteins, at least on the website.
Mary
The label from the bag has animal protein listed as an ingredient.
What website did you look at? Producers pride is a bagged specifically for TSC.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom