Annoyed and Threating neighbor

Pics
May 26, 2018
Lafayette, La
Hey all,

I hate that I have to write this post, but I am starting to get worried because my neighbor is getting more and more aggressive and now stating threats.
Backstory, I have setup a 8'x10' coop in my backyard. It currently holds 9 laying hens and a few baby chicks, no roosters.

The picture posted below are our yards, the red circle is the chicken coop, followed by the left red line which is a fence I put in for the chickens run. I am about 100 feet away from his house, which the ordinance states only 25 is needed (will post ordinances from website directly and from backyardchickens).

He is complaining that the chickens are loud, which is a lie. I have two chickens that sing their song after laying an egg. Both chickens have been broody and I am keeping them broody because they stopped singing for their 5-10 minutes a day.

He said he has video of them making noise (the chicken singing song post egg laying), and that he is going to put in noise complaints etc. etc.

What are my worries here? Do I simply get rid of the two hens making noise? Do I tell him to p*ss off?

I have NEVER pulled this card before, but he liked the chickens until he found out I was gay. Then all of a sudden everything was a problem that I did.

Kind of frustrated, not really worried of losing my coop, but just the constantly annoying neighbor.

1653694565485.png

Ordinance:
1653694721810.png

Ordinance from website: https://library.municode.com/la/laf...d=PTIICOOR_CH10AN_ARTIIICILAUNARLAPA_DIV4FORA

1653695559171.png

Pissing him off more or telling him to pound sand isn't very productive. It doesn't look like he has a legitimate complaint so I would just ignore him. He can put in all the complaints he wants but you're not doing anything wrong so it doesn't matter. What does he say he wants you to do?
I agree but as mentioned his threats have been getting worse and worse. Or at least more and more aggressive.

He is a bully and only one way to handle a bully is to face him head on sadly.

The whole neighborhood dislikes him and the township knows him by name because he constantly is calling them.

I agree but as mentioned his threats have been getting worse and worse. Or at least more and more aggressive.

The whole neighborhood dislikes him and the township knows him by name because he constantly is calling them.
So he will be ignored anyway. In which case if its really bothering you (like he's coming over to your house or something) I would fight fire with fire and report him for trespassing. But I still don't see what good if will do. Does he seem dangerous or just obnoxious?

Stop arguing with him. Don't speak to him at all.
If you are within the rights of your town and HOA... ignore him.
Don't deal with him. End of story.

Stop arguing with him. Don't speak to him at all.
If you are within the rights of your town and HOA... ignore him.
Don't deal with him. End of story.
💯 And if he threatens, then you call the cops. But for now, ignore ignore ignore. The city will get sick of him complaining and do something about it

Back
Top Bottom