Annoyed and Threating neighbor

I know taking the high road is the best option here, it just seems I have already done everything in my power and its still not good enough.

As mentioned, he is the neighborhood grump. He calls the township on everyone, and I am his latest target.

All the neighbors warned me about him, it's just frustrating that he is now getting almost hostile by making threats.

Going to ignore him, if he continues I will file a harassment report on him, as I have already started documenting every interaction and have it recorded on my doorbell (since he comes to my front door).

Also he isn't getting anymore eggs after some of the things he called me. Hillbilly, red neck, should go move to Duson (the hick part of the city), and some other non mentionables.

Dude is just a disgruntled old man, nothing will please him.
wait, he got eggs and still harrassed you?!
I'd love to be able to turn his cajones into the recycle place....brassy!

What was the threat yesterday?

Need a little bit of a backstory to understand it.

First, the man is meticulous about his lawn. Not a leaf on it (front yard). He has a variety of big trees that constantly drop branches/twigs. On the right side of his lawn, the side that has the fence. There is a section of lawn that is mine. I put a pile of branches there while I did the lawn that I was going to pick up after I was done the lawn.

I got a call from the sons school that he had to be picked up because he wasn't feeling well, and I forgot to pick up the bundle of stick on my side of the lawn.

Came back from getting my son to him disgruntled outside waiting. I brought my son inside, and my buddy went out front to plant some extra plants for the landscape.

He went up to my buddy and stated "If I ever did that again, we would have a serious problem, and its obvious I am looking to start a war between the neighbors." After stating his he got took a step closer to my buddy to initiate him.

I have done nothing to this man but get chickens and twice my dog broke a fence board because he leaves his dogs out all day and they bark.

As far as the dog situation that has been remedied a few months back with reinforced boards on my side and an electric fence.

Start recording.
Put security cameras up, they are not expensive anymore. Make sure they record.
Start a papertrail with officials. Know your noise ordinance. Make good use of it.

And be careful!
Guys with entitlement issues like that can become dangerous.

Very very good advice, I do need to check the noise ordinances. I plan to call the office Tuesday when they are open.

1653779965945.png

1653779982591.png

I will have to get a decibel meter to see how loud the egg song is and the frequency.

Outside of this nothing comes close to breaking any ordnances that I could find.

I'm just sorry you're having to deal with with that. It's such BS.

We recently moved into my father's house. He passed in January. It's just my adult daughter and me at the moment. One of our neighbors has been super creepy. He goes out of his way to watch us when we're outside. He has an unfettered view of that side of our house. I was looking into options for privacy and bamboo is on the list.

Where did you get yours?

I'm just sorry you're having to deal with with that. It's such BS.

We recently moved into my father's house. He passed in January. It's just my adult daughter and me at the moment. One of our neighbors has been super creepy. He goes out of his way to watch us when we're outside. He has an unfettered view of that side of our house. I was looking into options for privacy and bamboo is on the list.

Where did you get yours?

So it seems bamboo is VERY expensive. I found a place in Florida that sells some stuff with decent reviews. I can follow up when I get it if the plants looked healthy. Not sure I can put links here, if you message me privately I can send it to you.

Short version, this place was about 47 dollar a 3 gallon bucket, where others were about 150.

Might be to good to be true, but we shall see. If the plants come and look super healthy I will be sure to share the site.

I am also very sorry to hear about your father, I hope you are ok. Ever seen someone to vent to or talk. Here to listen.

Back
Top Bottom