Annoyed and Threating neighbor

I will have to get a decibel meter to see how loud the egg song is and the frequency.
I got a free Db meter app on my phone. I'm sure it's not 100% accurate, but would probably be accurate enough to let you know if you should invest in a proper one. The 60 vocalizations in 10 minutes could be a downfall for you during egg song (odd code). Also look into where the decibels would be measured from. Property line, within 200 feet, etc.

I got a free Db meter app on my phone. I'm sure it's not 100% accurate, but would probably be accurate enough to let you know if you should invest in a proper one. The 60 vocalizations in 10 minutes could be a downfall for you during egg song (odd code). Also look into where the decibels would be measured from. Property line, within 200 feet, etc.

I did the db meter and waited for the egg song, stood by the fence. The standard DB without any chicken noise is around 40 outside, with the chicken egg song it peaked at 58. Luckily ordinance is 60 DB between the hours of 7-10pm, which my egg song happens everyday at 9:30am, so that falls within range.

The frequency of it, is once every 5 seconds, and lasts around 3-4 minutes, sometimes more. So that is around 12 times a minute, which if it doesn't last more than 5 minutes (most times doesnt, but some times it does) then that could be an issue.

Put a fountain near the fenceline.
Once that makes a lot of splashing noise. it might trigger urgent needs, keeping him from your fenceline.

I like the idea of a fountain, maybe a waterfall! They make lots of noise!

Sometimes you just have to turn a little crazy loose for them to see so they leave you alone. I don't have any good answers just know I wouldn't fare well living in town with a neighbor like that. He would know he was living next to a crazy redneck.

Yeah think my approach is going to be ignore for now. If he comes again. Going to calmly inform him I wish he doesn’t speak to me and if he has an issue to call the authorities if he so desires.

This will be after I talk to city ordinance council to make sure no ordinances are being broken.

Once the ducks are confirmed in a row about the ordinances, I can sit comfortably.

Yeah think my approach is going to be ignore for now. If he comes again. Going to calmly inform him I wish he doesn’t speak to me and if he has an issue to call the authorities if he so desires.

This will be after I talk to city ordinance council to make sure no ordinances are being broken.

Once the ducks are confirmed in a row about the ordinances, I can sit comfortably.
Yes, just ignore. If the harassment continues, let the police know. A papet trail would benefit you

sorry for what your dealing with. here are my .02 cents on this subject.

if your 100% legal i see no issue with anything, i would just ignore him. don't add fuel to the fire. could only make things worse.

seems you know your rights and rules so you should be fine if it went to the police or a lawsuit.

there seems to be a crazy or grumpy person every where now a days. we have one where we deer hunt, she drives around all day harassing hunters, like every day for a 3 week season.

I know taking the high road is the best option here, it just seems I have already done everything in my power and its still not good enough.

As mentioned, he is the neighborhood grump. He calls the township on everyone, and I am his latest target.

All the neighbors warned me about him, it's just frustrating that he is now getting almost hostile by making threats.

Going to ignore him, if he continues I will file a harassment report on him, as I have already started documenting every interaction and have it recorded on my doorbell (since he comes to my front door).

Also he isn't getting anymore eggs after some of the things he called me. Hillbilly, red neck, should go move to Duson (the hick part of the city), and some other non mentionables.

Dude is just a disgruntled old man, nothing will please him.
Sometimes you have to just swallow it and be the better person, don’t rise to his nastiness, ignorance is bliss, take no notice of him, he’ll
Soon find someone else to pick on x

Back
Top Bottom