Another chicken head joins the flock

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by gbsbmbjb, Mar 1, 2016.

1. gbsbmbjb

gbsbmbjb Just Hatched

Mar 1, 2016
    Hi,
    I am looking forward to my new adventure in backyard chicken raising. I have built my coop and preparing to get about 8 chicks for laying. I plan on trying to keep as them as organic as possible with free range when possible. I may also build a chicken tractor and try raising a few broilers also in the near future. I want to get my layers up and going first. Looking forward to going through this forum for helpful tips. Thanks

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! It sounds like you have some great plans for your new chicken keeping hobby. Have you checked out the learning centre? Lots if fab articles that will help you get started. Here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Wishing you the very best of luck. Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC :frow

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. Your state thread is worth joining as you will get to know other BYC members in your area (just type your state in the search box) in addition to the searching the Learning Centre.

All the best
    CT

4. brucewayne

brucewayne Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2016
    Any chance we could get some photos of the coop you built? I'm always interested to see how someone built/designed their coop. :)

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by