another cracked egg in the bator.....

klf73

Mad Scientist
14 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Maine
Well after my success hatching a cracked egg(from shipping), that didn't pierce the inner membrane, I got another. I candled before they went in and saw the crack, this time over the air cell. I put it in the bator and lo and behold, day 3, there was development. So I get the wax and cover the crack. Now, this is an araucana, so with such a low hatch percentage and high chick mortality at the end, I am not holding my breath. On the other hand I am so glad I didn't throw it away
big_smile.png
. I will update if it makes it to the hatcher(monday pm, I think). Wish me luck
wink.png

right now I have 7 out of 40 still developing, including the cracked one. I have 4 out of 10 from Sky Blue Egg and I got 6 from Birch Run Farms, 5 are definitely developing on day 4 (but these are tufted to tufted so I am expecting high mortality, hope to get some
fl.gif
). I keep saying I'm gonna give up on the Araucana, and I have 3 different batches going now, when am I gonna learn
roll.png

Quote:
Dont give up! You keep me going too! The 3 I got are toooo cute, and one is seriously tufted and rumpless. I've gotta get a pic, its so adorable! The odds of losing it? We have to keep going, you know! I'm going to see about getting stock from Birch Run also, I got these from Gary, and I love Birch Runs pics of her birds! (real name evades me at the moment!) Im on the Araucana forum also, and you know these are hard to manage....I think it's the difficulty that is part of the challenge....

Wont it be amazing if you pull this off? But again, no bad if you dont - they are difficult in the most prime conditions, let alone with a crack?? Hang in there!!

Tina

Quote:
Dont give up! You keep me going too! The 3 I got are toooo cute, and one is seriously tufted and rumpless. I've gotta get a pic, its so adorable! The odds of losing it? We have to keep going, you know! I'm going to see about getting stock from Birch Run also, I got these from Gary, and I love Birch Runs pics of her birds! (real name evades me at the moment!) Im on the Araucana forum also, and you know these are hard to manage....I think it's the difficulty that is part of the challenge....

Wont it be amazing if you pull this off? But again, no bad if you dont - they are difficult in the most prime conditions, let alone with a crack?? Hang in there!!

Tina

I believe her name is Ann
wink.png

well, last night I scraped off the wax and put it in the hatcher with the other 6. All were jumping around in there.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom