Another Duck Has Started Laying...

wee.gif

Go, girls, go!

So 2 or all three of my girls are laying now. A couple of weeks ago I got my first egg.....then nothing!!!!! finally 4days ago I got another egg that was a little bit bigger then the next day a very small one & the next day after that a slightly bigger one - This makes me think only 2 but then 2 days in a row gets me thinking the third girl started - Sorry if this is all jumbled up, I'm just so thrilled to finally be getting eggs!!
first pic of first egg (laid on the far end of the run) the rest were laid in a big plastic trash barrel turned on it's side with hay and shavings. 3rd pic of the nest that was formed.

So 2 or all three of my girls are laying now. A couple of weeks ago I got my first egg.....then nothing!!!!! finally 4days ago I got another egg that was a little bit bigger then the next day a very small one & the next day after that a slightly bigger one - This makes me think only 2 but then 2 days in a row gets me thinking the third girl started - Sorry if this is all jumbled up, I'm just so thrilled to finally be getting eggs!!
first pic of first egg (laid on the far end of the run) the rest were laid in a big plastic trash barrel turned on it's side with hay and shavings. 3rd pic of the nest that was formed.

So exciting when we find those first eggs.
thumbsup.gif

It is exciting when we find those first eggs
celebrate.gif
, congrats! I remember how giddy I was when my lone female Khaki starting laying at 17 weeks last year. I have been waiting on my five new girls and two of them started laying yesterday at 20 1/2 weeks. Can't wait to start collecting eggs from all of them. Just thinking about all the pies and cakes I will have to bake!

Back
Top Bottom