Another Emergency Question on Humidity, help ASAP PLEASE

I can understand people being shy about giving advice on incubation. One does have a lot riding on their hatch. Some people also just get in the groove of taking to people and it feels a bit odd when new people come in. But it's all good. Luckily, I kept trying to remember what I did to hatch my batches a few years ago. I always had really good hatch rates. One thing I had last time was really good thermometers and hygrometers. Walmart stopped selling the ones I liked. I live in the middle of nowhere so I'll have to order them online before setting any more eggs. I had 13 eggs in bator, 5 have hatched perfectly, 4 are pipped and 4 are alive in there shaking the eggs. I actually had a lot more eggs in the bator but after tossing bad ones I had these left. I recieved shipped eggs that had been treated roughly(one cracked, one broken yolk). The air cells were just awful, the all started developing but died at different stages, mostly with bad air pockets. They had for sure been shaken(I tried letting them set a day before putting them in). But I have 4 spangled butchers, 3 hatch greys(these 3 came from my own hen), 5 showgirls and 1 golden polish frizzle. Anyway, they seem to be doing great.

Thanks, Jennifer

I will only answer if I know I can help. I know how I am when something goes wrong with mine. I don't want to give someone bad advice. I don't think it has anything to do with being new. Some times it just takes longer for someone with experience to notice the post. Congrats on you're new babies.

Back
Top Bottom