1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Another Failure

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by muddyriverdogz, Dec 14, 2009.

1. muddyriverdogz

muddyriverdogz Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2009
    Cleveland
    Out of 7 eggs one hatched and i helped him out of his shell.He is alive but is having a hard time walking,seems like he's lop sided.2 of the others started to break threw and then just quite.I opened them up and i dont no what happened.Any suggetions im going to try again.Suggestions with the lop sided chick would be greatly apreciated,i am trying to keep him alive.[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  2. Jess N Jeff

Jess N Jeff Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2009
    South San Diego, Cali
    Keep the baby warm and give him/her time to sleep and recover. As for suggestions on your hatching, can you tell us what you are doing? Temps, humidity, type of hatcher, etc....

3. aalbury

aalbury Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2009
    GA
    I'm so sorry! Read all the stickeies at the top of this forum! They are very helpful. I read all of them on candling but neglected the rest and I wish I'd read them all before my first try.

4. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Did you open the 'bator to help the first one while the others were still in there hatching? Or after they were already gone?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by