Another hen on a nest overnight..

Unicornlife3316

Songster
6 Years
Apr 21, 2018
Bryan, TX
My original female guinea did not roost tonight. This is very odd behavior for her, so I understand she may have been taken today but it’s also possible she’s on a nest somewhere.

But, her mate, who is never more than four feet from her, roosted as usual. Don’t mates usually stay with the female while they’re on a nest? Does this mean she may have been taken? I’ve been home all day and didn’t hear a ruckus anywhere, but it’s still possible.

My original female guinea did not roost tonight. This is very odd behavior for her, so I understand she may have been taken today but it’s also possible she’s on a nest somewhere.

But, her mate, who is never more than four feet from her, roosted as usual. Don’t mates usually stay with the female while they’re on a nest? Does this mean she may have been taken? I’ve been home all day and didn’t hear a ruckus anywhere, but it’s still possible.
It is not uncommon for the males to return to the coop when the hen is sitting out on a nest.

If she is his only mate, follow him when you let him out in the morning and he may take you directly to her nest.

It is not uncommon for the males to return to the coop when the hen is sitting out on a nest.

If she is his only mate, follow him when you let him out in the morning and he may take you directly to her nest.

Ok, I just wasn’t sure he’d leave her. They’re attached at the wing, he’s NEVER left her before. Well.. come to think of it, the last time she slept out on a nest, he roosted. I had forgotten about that.

I’ll follow him.

Back
Top Bottom