Another new guy

Chappy4o

In the Brooder
Sep 15, 2021
Hey everyone, I'm Chappy.

I'm 32 y.o. just staying to begin my journey homesteading with my girlfriend and her 5 kids on our new property in springtown, TX.

I haven't started a flock yet as I'm still in the research and planning stage.

I am however excited to learn as much as I can to better prepare myself to have a successful flock that will be happy and healthy and meet my needs.

Besides my girlfriend (basically fiance, I just haven't asked yet) and her five kids. We have the four semi-adopted kids ranging in age from 10 to 19, we currently have 4 dogs, 2 rabbits, a ball python and a beta fish. We currently have intentions to add 3 or possibly 4 lamas and a flock of chickens (quantity unknown as of yet).

So that's it in a nutshell I suppose

Chappy

Congrats on the new property -- and doing your research and planning FIRST. Not everyone does it in the logical way.

This is, as you will soon find out, a GREAT place to learn all the in's and out's of raising poultry. You can benefit from the lessons many of us learned the hard way.

Welcome to BYC! Let us know when you get your flock so we can congratulate you and accompany you on your adventure.

Back
Top Bottom