another new member

backwoodsman

Hatching
10 Years
Sep 22, 2009
Well I just wanted to introduce myself, I am backwoodsman ,and I live in middle TN. I joined BYC wanting to learn about raising quail. I already have several hens ( Barred Plymouth Rock) they are beautiful birds. Now I am wanting to expand into quail. I am completely new to quail. I have been doing alot of research on quail and housing. I was wondering if someone could direct me to a forum that discusses incubators. I would not spending $600 or $700 to start off with.
thank you

welcome-byc.gif
from Washington

Imp

My neighbor is raising quail... both the bob white and the Japanese. The Japanese seem to be about 4 times as fertile as the bob Whites and mature about twice as fast. He moves the chicks from the incubator to a brooder then to a 4 stage pen where they are moved from one section to the other as they mature. They are laying eggs by the time they reach the third pen.

welcome-byc.gif
from WI. If you want to check on Quail info specifically you can try the section 'Quail'....there are sections for other birds than chickens and then other livestock and pets etc....That's about all I know about Quail....oh yeah....and that they have feathers...right?!?!?
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom