Another Newbie from Tennessee! How ya'll doin'?

sbird

Hatching
Apr 8, 2015
I currently have not purchased any birds yet. I want to read every forum so that I can get a great start when I do. Lots of information here. Thanks!!

Hello :frow and welcome to BYC!

You will learn a lot here. There are some super near birds out there. Some of my favorites are Sumatra, Polish and mix breed chickens.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

If you haven't already been there, the Learning Center is a good place to start. Lots of information there for chickens and other poultry.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. There are a lot of helpful and knowledgeable members here to help.

Nice to have you join us!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. Definitely check out our Learning Center link that NorthFlChick has left with you. There is loads of useful information there that will keep you from making beginners' mistakes. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Nice to meet you! Feel free to ask any questions you may have. I hope you can get some birds soon!

Always best to research first . Do you know if you will want layers, meat birds, dual purpose, pets, etc. ? Once you do narrow it down, that should make it easier to choose.

So many nice people! I appreciate the rules here, as well. During the ice storm here, I went to the neighbors for my eggs; therefore, the childhood memories of our chickens sparked my interest. I don't know what breed that they were but they were heavy, fast, and took care of breakfast and tuna salad sandwiches for lunch every day.

Back
Top Bottom