Another newbie

G’Day from down under Alma :frow Welcome!

I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your fur baby :hugs

I do hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I got a present almost a month ago of 3 chicks. Still trying to figure it out the breed and gender. I think I have 2 girls and a boy Orpington, maybe?

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
I was looking for a coop, something easy or small to build by myself. I'm a DIY person. I love the white and yellow 3x6 ("South City"), and . I love animals, but I can't have more than 4 hens where I live. So, I need a small chicken coop/run plan to build.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? cakes and pastries, reading, bicycle, walk, and cook

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Name is Alma and I'm 55 retired. Move to Central Florida 21 years ago from the Caribbean. Have 3 adults kids, a husband, female cockatiel, and a boy Toy Yorkie. Recently had to euthanize my Schnauzer due to cancer...
Welcome! I am new as well and this group has been SO helpful! Enjoy your chicklets and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom