Another Newbie

CuddleBug Ranch

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 3, 2010
Lisbon, NY
Hello everyone! I am a new chicken flock owner who just started with six chickens a month ago. I did my research and made up a list of what kind of chickens I wanted to start with, then I went through the PennySaver and the Free Trader in search of those types of chickens and found that there was an ad for some Rhode Island Reds. The person selling them had 11, but I only wanted to start with six. I've had the six now for about four weeks, and would love to get some more. They are such wonderful ladies, and all I have to do is open the back door of the house and they come running, along with my seven dwarf goats. I met a fellow chicken person today who mentioned that she uses this site, and here I am. She is also hooking me up with some of the olive egg layers and I can't wait! I understand this is an excellent site for information sharing and I'm looking forward to participating. Thank you!
lol.png

welcome-byc.gif
from the East Bay!

Your post caught my eye because I, too, talked to someone about BYC today at our local feed store, and encouraged him to join our forum.

I hope you have a great time here. There is much to learn, and friends galore. Sometimes you even get to meet the BYC peeps in person! (Like this weekend. We're having a Chickenstock in our area, which is so much fun!)

Again, Welcome!

Thank you so very much for your kind replies! I am really enjoying this site! There is so much information I haven't had time to read it all yet!

Back
Top Bottom