Another newbie!!

hendricks115

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 20, 2014
Schuylkill County, PA
Hello! New to BYC, although we have been using the site for reference since we got our chickens a few years ago, just decided to join.

We have a very large coop (2 car garage size) filled with chickens, ducks and turkeys! We've got Rhode Islands, Rocks, Buff Orpingtons, Brahma's, Jersey Giants, our Heinz 57 Hendricks breed, bantams, muscovey ducks and Slate Blue Turkeys.

Our brood free ranges as often as possible, outside roaming now! We have 14+ acres with lots of fruit trees and a huge garden. Not only do we benefit but so do they, lots of fruit and veggie scraps daily!

We hatch a batch of chickens each spring, we've been calling them our Hendricks breed as we've taken in chickens from some friends and bought some at auction. We hatched 2 ducklings this spring as well. Our turkeys were born this past spring and are so friendly they eat out of our 4 years olds hand and try to sit on your lap! Our dog, Ruger (a schipperke) and our 3 cats roam around with the birds and get along great! They just do not seem to like lawn ornaments though! Everyone seems to cluck and squelch at my little ones fairies in the flower bed!

I feel fortunate to be able to raise our daughter in this environment.

Here's a shot of our little one with the flock running around her and one of chickens that has taken to her! She follows her everywhere and sits on her lap whenever she sits down!

welcome-byc.gif

Glad you joined. You have a lot of experience and hope you will share.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!

What a lovely flock you have! Thanks for sharing those cute pictures!

Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask.

Enjoy all your adventures with your flock and welcome to ours!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I love the picture of your daughter with the Buff Orpington sitting on her lap. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom