Another odd rooster question

Katnisschicken

Chirping
Mar 29, 2020
So I posted a few days ago that's my rooster has been stomping around. He's now constantly trying to get behind me (I won't turn by back on him) and he runs up to me and just stands there staring into my face. I flapped my arms and he walked away, but he's done it a few times. He hasn't attacked yet, but I'm worried it will escalate and I'd like to nip it in the bud. A few people have suggested I pick him up and carry him around for a bit. The only problem is, I'm very petite and he's already huge and fast. If my husband were to pick him up and hand him to me so I can walk around with him, would he still see it as me dominating him even though I didn't catch him?

How old is he? My -probably unpopular- opinion is that bad roosters are so hard to tame that it’s not worth it. It changes the dynamic of your flock so that you can’t relax with your own chickens. If he’s just now maturing and this is his go-to behavior it will escalate.
Some people have had success with taming. You can try holding him gently to the ground in lieu of carrying.
But my honest truth that I’ve learned is that they’re either good boys or bad boys. Don’t blame yourself if you can’t tame him. But also don’t risk your happiness with your flock because of the fact that most roosters have issues.

Back
Top Bottom