Another One...EE Mix....

JackieandChicks

Songster
9 Years
May 8, 2013

Okay, I can tell what the sexes are of all my chicks (now 14 weeks) except this one. I think male, but then it doesn't have wattles, or any different feathers from my EE hens. It's an EE mix, and also has feathers on the legs. Thanks!!!

A head shot would help, but with the red on the wings and what looks like male tail and saddle feathers coming in I'm voting roo.

Okay, I can tell what the sexes are of all my chicks (now 14 weeks) except this one. I think male, but then it doesn't have wattles, or any different feathers from my EE hens. It's an EE mix, and also has feathers on the legs. Thanks!!!

100% MALE, comb is very red for 14 weeks, shoulders have dark red coloring. The lack of wattles is because of the beard and muffs.

I think roo, too...but being a mix I was confused. My production red hen that someone just gave me (and has laid an egg) has dark on the wings. And the red in the comb is the camera...it's still more orange than the ones I know are roos. Also the other roos are into sex and this one is not showing any interest.

Here is a pic with one of my other roos who obviously has a big red comb:

And with two of the girls:

So you can see my confusion :) If "it" stays gentle and turns out to be a roo for sure, I don't care. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom