ANOTHER POST OFFICE RANT!!!

pips&peeps

There is no "I" in Ameraucana
Jan 18, 2008
Newman Lake, WA
I called a post office this morning on some eggs I shipped priority to Ohio on Monday. (which should take a maximum of two days) They are no where to be found.....

I sent a fellow member of the Ameraucana Breeders Club a surprise gift of buff eggs and they have completely disappeared. I called the post office to see if they happened to be sitting there somewhere.

They told me they aren't considered lost until a month goes by. Well, I hope they are somewhere nice and warm by then. :mad:

Their darn tracking numbers aren't good for anything. Now no surprise gift and I'm just plain out of the money I spent to pack and mail the eggs.

They really need a better tracking system than what they have. Something like UPS where you can see not only where it was accepted, but when it leaves that city to the next hub and so forth.

Now there is no way to even have a place to start to find the eggs.

That just stinks. You're trying to do something nice for someone and ended up just getting frustrated.

They may still show up but at that point I doubt they'll be fertile. If you sent them with delivery confirmation they'll do everything they can to get them there within 5 days. So maybe they'll be there tommorrow.

I'm sorry this has happened to you.

I sold a book on half.com back mid February and tracking still shows it in CA 6 weeks later and no the person hasn't received it and the PO has no idea where it is. Tracking half the time is a total waste of money. I love how the PO raises prices but not serice.

I've waited all week for two boxes of hatching eggs...one was sent just two states over and took 4 days to get here...the other was mailed out Wed. from the same state and I haven't received it yet...

Unbelieveable....

I can send a large package to CA in two days from WV...and they can't for the life of them get a box to me in a respectable amount of time....

pips&peeps :

I called a post office this morning on some eggs I shipped priority to Ohio on Monday. (which should take a maximum of two days) They are no where to be found.....

I sent a fellow member of the Ameraucana Breeders Club a surprise gift of buff eggs and they have completely disappeared. I called the post office to see if they happened to be sitting there somewhere.

They told me they aren't considered lost until a month goes by. Well, I hope they are somewhere nice and warm by then. :mad:

Their darn tracking numbers aren't good for anything. Now no surprise gift and I'm just plain out of the money I spent to pack and mail the eggs.

They really need a better tracking system than what they have. Something like UPS where you can see not only where it was accepted, but when it leaves that city to the next hub and so forth.

Now there is no way to even have a place to start to find the eggs.

ARRGHHH! Well, maybe the box will sit somewhere for a few months, get too hot & explode, making a VERY stinky postal room, somewhere?
lau.gif

Good luck...sometimes they are a little S--L--O--W at updating their website, as well....​

I have had two packages lost for about 8 days. My postal lady said they were sent parcel by mistake. So I called the customer service number and riped them one. All they can say is ship express because priority has no guarantee. So what are we paying extra for I asked? "Well if everything goes right they should be there in 2-3 days" I told him it is not my responiblity to make sure everything goes right. Maybe they should look itno better training or new managers?
I had chicks sent to me from Missouri and they took two days and they were suppose to be next day by noon
rant.gif
Makes me mad but at least I get a refund lol. BTW none of the chicks madeit from those two batches. I did have one hatch, but had some sort of Neuro problem. I think it was form being in the mail to long and not being turned.

Taking money for a service you really do not intend to provide is FRAUD. They are guilty of it daily. If Parcel Post is the same as Priority and, essentially, they are-they just dangle the "2-3 day" carrot in your face in order to take more money from you-then why must I pay that money???????? Even overnight is no longer really overnight guaranteed. Fraud, fraud, fraud.

Well, I am just going to say..don't even get me started!
barnie.gif

I'm so sorry this happened to you Jean.
hugs.gif

Jody

Back
Top Bottom