Another problem!

dawnh

Chirping
Mar 17, 2015
West Yorkshire, England.

Me again! :(
So this little one pipped last night sometime (bearing in mind, I'm in the U.K,it's 23.08 here now). It must be coming up to 24 hrs. In the last hour or so, this blood has appeared, along with the yellow colour in the water channel. Egg is still rocking and chick is still peeping. What do you think? Time to help, or leave it be? Day 21 is tomorrow. TIA, Dawn xx

Last edited:
No i would adive not to help the chick at the moment. Give another 12 hours to yhe chick. The chick has made the pip so he is fine to get oxygen . As there is the blood it looks like that he needs some more time . Please let me know how he does
Thanks

Me again!
sad.png

So this little one pipped last night sometime (bearing in mind, I'm in the U.K,it's 23.08 here now). It must be coming up to 24 hrs. In the last hour or so, this blood has appeared, along with the yellow colour in the water channel. Egg is still rocking and chick is still peeping. What do you think? Time to help, or leave it be? Day 21 is tomorrow. TIA, Dawn xx
I would moisten the membrane with either some water or bacitracin ointment if you guys have it to keep it from drying out. The presence of blood signfies that most likely the vascular system is still too active to do much for assisting. If it wasn't for that I would recommend starting an assist if it's been 24 hours. When if you moisten it you can get a better look to assess how prevalent the veins are and if you have any chance of assisting. If there is still a highly functioning vascular system I would wait.

No movement or noise for quite some time now :( Not having much luck with this hatch :( Only one more pipped, and that was around the same time last night. Will give it until the morning.

No movement or noise for quite some time now
sad.png
Not having much luck with this hatch
sad.png
Only one more pipped, and that was around the same time last night. Will give it until the morning.
Have you tried playing "chick music" to see if you can get some reaction/motivation for the pippers?

Been doing it on and off all day! :) Going to bed now, as I was up until 3am incy watching last night, then awake at 8 watching it again. It's been a tough day having to cull for the first time, then this problem :(

Back
Top Bottom