Another question about introducing young ducklings to the flock.

Mar 26, 2020
Southern Vermont
I’m supposed to get 4 Campbells in a couple weeks to ad to my 5. I currently have one known drake and a maybe. The new 4 will be all girls. My current ducks are 10 weeks and will be about 13 when the new ones arrive. How do introduce them and when can I just integrate them and let them all be out together day and night? As they are all rather young well they likely get along ok? Do I have to keep them separated for months? Weeks? I had hoped around 4 weeks or so but what I am reading it seems not.
advice?

I’m supposed to get 4 Campbells in a couple weeks to ad to my 5. I currently have one known drake and a maybe. The new 4 will be all girls. My current ducks are 10 weeks and will be about 13 when the new ones arrive. How do introduce them and when can I just integrate them and let them all be out together day and night? As they are all rather young well they likely get along ok? Do I have to keep them separated for months? Weeks? I had hoped around 4 weeks or so but what I am reading it seems not.
advice?
Are the new ducks going to be about the same age as your current flock? If they are then it may be a little easier to integrate them. I would still recommend a look but no touch at first. At least for a couple of weeks. Then you can see how they do together with supervision. A little bit of picking to establish their place in the group is common. Just make sure it isn't bullying to the point of super stressful or harmful.
If you are getting baby ducklings, that can be a bit more difficult and yes, take a lot longer, because your male will be at a wanting to mate age long before the littles ones are they can be hurt. I wish you all the best of luck! :fl

Back
Top Bottom